Large Scale Central

Gauge 1 reefers needed....

Pete Lassen said:

I have looked thru a lot of pictures and videos and cannot tell much of a difference in trains with hook and loop couplers and those with body mounts , so it all comes down the what the person wants, same with cars , I dont mind a 1:29 car next to a 1:24 car hook and loop or Aristo knuckles

Heritic. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Steve;

“Heretic”…now there is a word (I think I corrected the spelling) not often used in the fine world of Model Railroading.

It brings out the question, along with many others; “What scale of heretic are we talking about”, and how is the scale decided on ?

another might be; "What width of roadbed does a heretic require, for good performance ?)

Bob Cope can easily open up with many others from an engineering standpoint, if he cares to jump in with bladders drained…we don’t need a damp work site…!!

No mater what scale, involving a heretic in anything, may be considered “Heresy”, so what do we do with that ?

I don’t think that so far I have involved anyone in politics, or religion; so everyone can jump into this latest twist to the original subject line, without involving the moderator’s heavy finger of fate…!!

Jump in the water is fine, unless someone is expecting ice with their drink…

Fr.Fred

Fred Mills. said:

Guys, guys, guys…

This debate has gone on countless times before, here in North America, and all over the rest of the World.

To try to change the culture of what has been chiseled in stone, for those in Great Britain (They seem quite content and understand it) is pure waste of time, better spent debating or being critical of those “Crude” looking offset shank, body mounted couplers in David’s pictures above…!!!

Even the rather “Crude, toy-like” cars would actually look passable if the Kadees were properly body mounted, without those ridiculous offset shanks…

This last sentence should start a REAL debate, that just might motivate some towards improvement, or start a hate campaign against this old fart called …

Fr.Fred………!!! Do it with a smile…!!

tac, those are truck mounted. And yes, if I had it to do over, I would probably have gone with body mounted couplers.

David Maynard said:

tac, those are truck mounted. And yes, if I had it to do over, I would probably have gone with body mounted couplers.

Fred is Fred and Tac is Tac …no relation that I’m aware of ¿

Oops, my bad.

take it easy, David. things like that will happen with ever higher frequency to you…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Korm, well the reply post I made was posted at 6:25am. I am on vacation this week. So I musta woke up, posted, went for coffee, and then took nap. So my excuse is that I posted that post with my eyes only half open, and my brain stuck in first gear.