Large Scale Central

ECLSTS 2016

TAC.

I always appreciate your enthusiasm, but translating what you write is like trying to understand two North Carolina Moonshiners, after 3 hours at their still. Glad you are going to join us, at least I think you are?

Ric Golding said:

TAC.

I always appreciate your enthusiasm, but translating what you write is like trying to understand two North Carolina Moonshiners, after 3 hours at their still. Glad you are going to join us, at least I think you are?

Yes, he will be joining us.

'kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Translation -

Just had a natter with Fr Fred about the revised arrangements, and it seems that I’m now going to arrive in the Big O on monday pm. The next day will be spent getting used to civilisation again, and pestifying Mr Scobie for a look at his layout.

I spoke to Fred last night. He recommended that I come a day early. I will arrive in Ottawa on Monday - a day earlier than originally planned. Fred and I will spend Tuesday futzing around and visiting with Bill Scobie, OR.

If anybody is in the neighbourhood that day, who isn’t going down to York, I’d be very happy to meet with you. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

If anybody is in the neighbourhood that day, who ISN’T going down to York, I’d be very happy to meet with you.

Might even bring something along to the B&D - you never know.

I might even have something to bring to the Drag & Brag/Brag & Drag - you never know.

I hope that clears things up.

tac

One of the biggest UK shows is on this weekend …the Warley Club.

Last time I went 15000 people attended over 2 days… and goodness knows how many women attended the Dolls House Exhibition next door!!

They ARE big halls…more aircraft hangar size)!!

This year they have over a 160 traders and about 100 odd RR layouts…all scales…

Ah, yes, the National Exhibition Centre show.

All scales and gauges, but not THAT much for the likes of us.

By the time you’ve parked up, and paid up, gotten in, and bought a five-pound soda and a ten-pound simulated hot-dog, it’s heading for a hundred dollar day…

Meanwhile, if I had a mind to, I could take an easy walk to the dedicated large-scale show at Peterborough.

I’ll wait, thanks.

Enjoy.

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

Right there Tac…I have not been for years. NEC rip off. and that starts with the car park!!

Its cheaper to travel down to London to the London MR Show or the Model Engineering show at the Pally…

Getting back to the ECLSTS…for those on tight budgets, or those who have never attended:

The Wyndham Hotel, on Loucks Road, is the “Show Hotel”. It is the closest to the show, and provides a “Special price” for anyone going to the show. It is also “The place to meet, and socialize”…the place where the Early Arrivers, meet on Thursday afternoon/evening (In the bar, where soft drinks, tea, coffee, and food is available…considering that not everyone wants alcoholic beverages) and of course is where the famous, “LSC Drag & Brag” is held on Friday evening.

To save money, you should remember, that room charges, are for two people, and include two Queen sized beds, and Breakfast in the dining room.

If you are traveling alone; consider offering to share a room with someone (Through this thread, if you care to), and cut your room rate in half…making the cost less than other hotels/motels, and even campgrounds, hauling your room around with you.

I’m NOT in any way trying to drum up business for the hotel, but I am shamelessly promoting the parties/socializing, and fun, and by staying at this hotel, you can enjoy a beverage or three, and not have the concern of driving…

Come out and meet everyone at “THE DRAG & BRAG”…see the people you correspond with, in REAL LIFE…you may make new friends, and share ideas…

I hope I have the privilege of meeting YOU there…

Fred Mills

Booked the Hotel room this morning, anyone looking to attend should really consider booking a room now as the website at the host hotel is showing limited availability on a lot of rooms.

Looked to be a fair amount of the double twin bed rooms, but the ADA accessible and king bed rooms are very limited (at least according to the website).

Hearing that O scale vendors will be at the ECLSTS this year…

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Hearing that O scale vendors will be at the ECLSTS this year…

http://www.eclsts.com/dates.html

I think this O scale thing is going to be a game changer.

Nico Corbo said:
I think this O scale thing is going to be a game changer.

Negative Nelly (I meant) Nico!

Just throw us under the bus it’s all good as we can take it!

Rooster, it does change the show from a Large scale show, to a large scales show. When I first read it I though, oh great, dilute the show with another scale. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)(yes, that’s sarcasm). But the more I think about it, the more I think it could be good for large scale. Some of them 0 gaugers, or the folks they bring, may find that they prefer large scale.

The thing that made this show special, was that it was all G, before you know it, it will be just another all scale show with a sprinkling of G. I truly hope this does not happen, I am a believer in double rainbows just like rooster.

Nico, I agree, that is why my first thought was that they are diluting the show with another scale.

Just my 2 cents, but whatever it takes to keep this show going. If we lose this one, the East Coast loses the only one I know of.

Lou, I am with you, and like I said in my other post, if more folks come through the door, they my find out they prefer large scale.

Many times, when I talk with other model railroaders, when we got on the subject of garden railroads, they think in terms of the LGB Stainz, and the short passenger cars. When I show them pictures on my phone, they are surprised at some of the stuff that is actually available in large scale. So, if more folks see what is available in large scale, and what can be done in large scale, we just might have a few more large scalers. So I am not thrilled that the show is no longer exclusively a large scale train show, but I do see the potential in expanding the audience for the show.

Ooh, I just looked at the show cars on the ECLSTS site, and I like the PRR show car.

If everything goes as planned, at this point; I’m going to be there for the socializing, with friends. After the show I will decide if attending in the next year will be worth while.

A lot depends NOT on the show, but more on who attends the meeting in the “ALCOVE” and the “Drag & Bragg”, for me.

Before the show, I’ve always enjoyed dropping in on friends, and again after the show. The meetings during the show, fills in the middle.

Yes, I might buy something at the show, if a dealer has some new item, but, what do I need, at this point…

…Now if LGB presented an RPO to go with their NG passenger cars…I’d buy two…(Not much hope)…if B’mann had even a new (Not just a repaint) big hauler car, I might bite…but other than that…I’ll use my limited funds to donate bheer or whine to the Drag & Bragg…

Fred Mills

Fred, I plan on being there, but its all up to if I can get the time off from work. If my being there discourages you from attending next year I am sorry.

I am with you though. Besides some bits and pieces, I really don’t need anything at this point. Unless a vendor has some bottled spare time and/or bottled ambition.