Large Scale Central

East Coast (ECLS) Show missing?

Nico Corbo said:

This show used to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The attendance was so bad on Sunday that is why it was dropped off. We have been participating in this show for I believe what is going on 6 years now, there is a line waiting to get in on Friday, Saturday morning, there is barely anybody waiting to get in and by mid day Saturday. Most of the attendees have already left and started heading for home.

I think that’s half the problem. Take away Friday then they will come on Saturday plus the people that can’t get off on Friday. I bet people figure why go since all the good deals we’re bought Friday. If you take Friday out of the picture then Saturday will be busy and Sunday will be like Saturdays are now. Isn’t that how all other train shows operate?

I think you would have a better chance attracting more by doing Saturday as your first day. It might be worth a try for the show to go with sat and Sunday. Now those that can’t go Fri because of work now will stand a better chance getting deals on Saturday.

IF the budget (and travel advisory~ ) allowed I would drop over to ECLSTS again, and as before attend for both days +. I don’t just go for the supposed (first day only) “deals”.

“….bet people figure why go since all the good deals we’re bought Friday. If you take Friday out of the picture then Saturday will be busy and Sunday will be like Saturdays are now. Isn’t that how all other train shows operate? …”

Our show has always been Sat/Sun, and nowadays both are as busy !

That said it is a AllScales_InternationalTrainS_how, not just one scale/gauge.

I’ve personally had at least a couple people mention it should be 3 days … and I point out to them think of the vendors/manufacturers who travel/setup at least 2 days; some take time from their storefronts or day jobs to work their boothspace; the volunteers who host/organize our show that spend at least 2 days prep/teardown in addition to the actual show days. People tend not to think beyond thems…

doug c

Doug Cannon said:

IF the budget (and travel advisory~ ) allowed I would drop over to ECLSTS again, and as before attend for both days +. I don’t just go for the supposed (first day only) “deals”.

doug c

I def don’t go for the deals. Honestly by the time I factor food, gas hotel etc I’m not really getting a deal. I go to socialize and run some trains. For me it doesn’t matter when it is but I’m sure most go for the deals.

I go to shows to see the stuff in person, meet people I know and don’t know and to be surrounded by trains, hoo hah!

On the deals, often the last day is good, because the vendors don’t really want to haul stuff back, so there are the “good deals” where stuff is priced aggressively initially, and the stuff that gets marked down so it does not have to travel home.

Greg

There is another factor that was at one time mentioned; the “fair Grounds”, where the ECLSTS is held, was reported to charge much larger rental, for anything on a Sunday.

This could be partly because of having to pay higher rates for their staff to work on a Sunday.

This, like I say, was at one time reported, but like everything about these shows; unless you are actually paying the rent, the rest is pure speculation…and on these pages, “Speculation” runs rampant…!!

Fr.Fred