Large Scale Central

Carter Bros Coach Kits for $152

Devon Sinsley said:

Pete and Kevin,

I appreciate all your help in making this decision. Glad we had the conversation and I didn’t start the Carter build. Though they would be fun to build but I want as close to a Brill coach as I can get and knowing that the Accucraft coach is the best starting point I with round up two of them.

Pete,

Now you have already done the 14 window conversion for the Brill. What is involved in that process. How does one go about getting new sides and is there anything else special I will need to pick up? I will need to get on these if i want to have them done by September which is my goal.

Devon,

First, let’s take this conversation away from the Carter Bros thread? I’d suggest adding it to my 14-window coach build thread, which I referenced above.

The devil is in the details I guess. What looks totally different to me looks at least similar to others. The siding is different (and now I know why (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)) and the roof with that droop and sharper corners is all wrong. But yeah I guess I can see my queen beneath the new facade. What was hideous is at one point the WP had put cupolas on them. Thank goodness they wised up and took them off, my understanding is that is when they got the new roof.

Interestingly the rumor is that an original truck from one of the two coaches is in a dirt bank at a WP facility. It is a narrow gauge truck stamped NP. Also a guy there that is a fan has a truck pedestal that he believes is from one of the coaches as it is also stamped NP. To anyone’s knowledge the only NG coaches ever owned by NP were the two from CR&N. He has actually offered to work a deal with me for that pedestal. Not sure if he was serious but I plan on following through.

1 Like

Pete Thornton said:

Devon Sinsley said:

Pete and Kevin,

I appreciate all your help in making this decision. Glad we had the conversation and I didn’t start the Carter build. Though they would be fun to build but I want as close to a Brill coach as I can get and knowing that the Accucraft coach is the best starting point I with round up two of them.

Pete,

Now you have already done the 14 window conversion for the Brill. What is involved in that process. How does one go about getting new sides and is there anything else special I will need to pick up? I will need to get on these if i want to have them done by September which is my goal.

Devon,

First, let’s take this conversation away from the Carter Bros thread? I’d suggest adding it to my 14-window coach build thread, which I referenced above.

Good Idea.

1 Like

I just ordered 4 coach kits from Harald. He is going to modify 2 of the kits by not cutting side windows, so I can make baggage cars from them.

It will be a few weeks until I get them. I found him very easy to work with.

Anyone ever get some from Harald and the Lasergang back in 2015? How do they look?

I have the plywood version of the coach and combine kits. Have assembled the coach kit, just needs some paint and decals. Will send picture when I can learn out to post pictures. Very happy with the kit, the master class drawings and directions. Waiting for the wood glue to set/dry was occasionally frustrating compared to the relatively quick work with styrene. Looking forward to completing the coach and bashing the combine to represent a D&RGW combine.

Photo inserting

1. Start by uploading your photos to a server. You have storage space in the Freight Shed on this web site.
  2. After they are uploaded, click on the file you want to open.
  3. Once it is opened, RIGHT click on the picture and select copy image location. DO NOT use the url in the address bar of your browser.
  4. Next click on the insert photo button in your post and paste the image location in the source line.
  5. Look at the dimensions. You will see them if you click on the first box (height). Make it 800 then click on the second box and it will automatically be correctly scaled.
  6. Then hit OK and your photo will be in your post.

That’s easy for you to say…

Yep. Very simple really. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Never-ending discussion… how to post pictures…

It’s a good discussion, it means we are getting new posters and our group is alive and growing.

I’m glad to do it.

The never ending one was your DCC vs Battery(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif).

Bill Hunteman said:

I have the plywood version of the coach and combine kits. Have assembled the coach kit, just needs some paint and decals. Will send picture when I can learn out to post pictures. Very happy with the kit, the master class drawings and directions. Waiting for the wood glue to set/dry was occasionally frustrating compared to the relatively quick work with styrene. Looking forward to completing the coach and bashing the combine to represent a D&RGW combine.

Thanks to Joe, and DocWatson, on how to post phots.

Coach