Large Scale Central

Borracho Locomotive Works is still active

I’ve been doing a lot of modeling things this last year but I haven’t had the drive to post much about it. The challenge made me think I needed to share more again so I’ll try and post more in the future. Here is a recent model to leave the shops. Edags it’s a Dismal !!!:open_mouth: I actually built the body shell years ago. It originally sat on a Mack chassis but I could never square away the boxy chassis with the streamline body so I dismantled it, rebuilding the Mack as a switcher and thru this in a box and forgot about it until recently when consolidating my stuff I came across it again. This time I thought I would try scratching a chassis under it so I could get the streamline look I wanted. Its now a Piko block with styrene pilots and sideframes. I think it turned out rather nicely. Bonus pic a 1/24 pickup kit I bashed. I’m retiring any 1/18 vehicles for 1/24-25 scale. The 1/18 are just too large.

Chief Engineer Homer gives his approval

Bonus pic

7 Likes

Would that be the Borracho Canyonero?

Would that be a Borracho Canyonero HPM?

Vic, is that pure whimsy or is there some sort of prototype. For some reason that looks vaguely familiar but I can tell if I am imagining this or if there was something similar. I do know that there are double ended cabs like that but is that particular nose style one that was used?

Every once in awhile its okay to do a Dino burner. I have to tell myself that every time I work on the GP9

Nice, Vic. I’ve long wanted a string of single-truck cab unit locomotives, something like an A-B-B-B-B-B-B-A set, snaking around the layout. So much so that I have had a pair of PA shells waiting for the razor for years. Maybe I can 3D print up some. All I’d need is eight power trucks!

If you have 1:18 stuff to sell shoot me a PM.

Bill would recognize the prototype inspiration. I even considered cutting back in to and making a body shell in between but lack of drive bricks made me go with finishing it as it was.

1 Like

Let me sort thru my boxes Jon

Vic,
V Rail is pretty successful. Lots of track in Victoria. Are you aware that someone is modelling your spur line?

Yes I have been following the Puerto Borracho guy since the early days on Facebook. The guy is a great modeler. On30 is a great scale for scrathbuilders I’m soo very jealous of those guys.

Vic I’d leave LSC and maybe even give up on the hobby if you put a shell between them. You are the KING of micro and that’s Loco yells “vic” even if it’s a Dino burner. I know youbhave graduated to modeling with the big boys, but VIC=PIZZA=Small.

I’ve just subscribed Vic.

BTW international subscribers $52.27 USD.

I was just thinking how easy it would be to change V/line into Vic/line. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: