Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern extension to Okawville

Rooster, its more fun to have an empire of puzzles, each one different. That way visitors can be frustrated all darn day long…

David Russell said:

Why would one build an outdoor RR of that magnitude if one wants to create a switching puzzle? Why not just build a “Timesaver” ?

Son, the entire branchline of the EVWR is not a switching puzzle, but an exact representation of the line from Woodlawn, IL to Okawville, IL… Tracks are the same on mine, as on the actual railroad line… All you have to do, is google earth the line… Woodlawn’s interchange tracks, and all the sidings at Nashville, Addieville, and Okawville are the same as the real railroad… Well, up until a year and a half ago, when Okawville added the 3rd siding track, which I did not model…

Besides, you have to experience it, to enjoy it… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Andy Clarke said:

David Russell said:

Why would one build an outdoor RR of that magnitude if one wants to create a switching puzzle? Why not just build a “Timesaver” ?

Son, the entire branchline of the EVWR is not a switching puzzle, but an exact representation of the line from Woodlawn, IL to Okawville, IL… Tracks are the same on mine, as on the actual railroad line… All you have to do, is google earth the line… Woodlawn’s interchange tracks, and all the sidings at Nashville, Addieville, and Okawville are the same as the real railroad… Well, up until a year and a half ago, when Okawville added the 3rd siding track, which I did not model…

Besides, you have to experience it, to enjoy it…

And with that in mind you NEED to come and join us this October.

I still want to try and make it out to one of the operating sessions, maybe I can drag Shawn along with me.

Just looked it up, it’s a 14 hour drive. Any airports in the area?

Nico

Nico Corbo said:

I still want to try and make it out to one of the operating sessions, maybe I can drag Shawn along with me.

Nico

St. Louis…about 45 minutes away.i

I’ve made the drive from my place a few times in a day.

Nico Corbo said:

Nico

Always more fun to travel with somebody. It’s 12.5 hours from here and we typically take 2 days driving out, one back (yes, I’m getting OLD!)

But, the key is that it is always a great event and one we look forward to each fall.

Bruce Chandler said:

Nico Corbo said:

Nico

Always more fun to travel with somebody. It’s 12.5 hours from here and we typically take 2 days driving out, one back (yes, I’m getting OLD!)

But, the key is that it is always a great event and one we look forward to each fall.

I’ve made the trip from Spokane to St Louis before. I was a lot younger then. It takes two and a half 18 hr days. I was a basket case at 35. I’m almost twice that. All y’all have fun, ya hear!

Ken Brunt said:

Nico Corbo said:

Nico

Is there anyone from the St Louis area going, maybe I can catch a ride? What hotel do you all stay at?

Nico Corbo said:

Is there anyone from the St Louis area going, maybe I can catch a ride? What hotel do you all stay at?

The airport is actually about an hour and 20 minutes away(from my house)…

There’s a Best Western at the north side of town, next to the Lil Nashville truck stop/restaurant…

Metro Link also runs from the airport to Scott AFB, Illinois, so someone could also pick you up at one of the stations, and you get a train ride, too…

We’ll be at York, with Ric and the ““timesaver””… Any questions can be answered there… or email me…

Nico Corbo said:

Ken Brunt said:

Nico Corbo said:

Nico

I usually stay at the Best Western right off the Interstate just outside Nashville. Little Nashville Diner’s right next door…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Andy Clarke said:

Nico Corbo said:

The airport is actually about an hour and 20 minutes away(from my house)…

There’s a Best Western at the north side of town, next to the Lil Nashville truck stop/restaurant…

Metro Link also runs from the airport to Scott AFB, Illinois, so someone could also pick you up at one of the stations, and you get a train ride, too…

We’ll be at York, with Ric and the ““timesaver””… Any questions can be answered there… or email me…

OK, I will talk to you at York, see you then.

Nico

Nico,

You get close, we’ll get you the rest of the way.

Bringing Shawn would be fun, bringing Vinnie would be a requirement. Certainly a better education than any other source offered.

Besides, this year, Shawn’s plate is going to be full.

Ric Golding said:

Nico,

You get close, we’ll get you the rest of the way.

Bringing Shawn would be fun, bringing Vinnie would be a requirement. Certainly a better education than any other source offered.

Besides, this year, Shawn’s plate is going to be full.

Shawn has his hands really full now. If I fly, Vinnie would most likely come along, driving may be too far for him.

Most likely looking at the June 11th meet.

Nico