Large Scale Central

Adding pictures on a post

Greg Elmassian said:

You missed the one I am referring to, brand new…

AND

You just posted on it… 6 hours old

Wow I’m so glad you are on the case!

I’m leaving this personal altercation out of the forum… check your email.

John Caughey said:

Greg Elmassian said:

You missed the one I am referring to, brand new…

AND

You just posted on it… 6 hours old

Wow I’m so glad you are on the case!

Edit: It was a joke!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Much ado about absolutely Nothing no?

Sorry, did not take it as a joke… been too many sarcastic comments over time. Will try to keep open mind.

Greg

This subject has no end. Doesn’t it tell us something ? It tells me that adding pictures to posts on this forum is too difficult. Particularly if one has not posted a picture for some time. In another thread I explained how on G Scale Central, adding pictures was a very simple process. At the bottom of the screen where you are typing in a posting there is a box that says add files. You simply click on that box and it brings you to your pictures. Then you click on a picture and then click “choose”. The picture then uploads to your post. That’s all there is to it.

Very true Dan, but you are missing a very important point distinguishing point between LSC and GSC.

First, G Scale Central has 2 ways to add a picture… one is just like ours, you supply the URL for the picture (the address/link) where the picture ALREADY EXISTS ON THE INTERNET… this is the key point.

In addition, GSC has the very nice feature to upload a picture from your computer… great! Unfortunately that means the forum itself has to store the picture, and that takes disk space on the forum server, and Bob has stated that is too much cost.

Is Bob cheap? No, the GSC guy has his own ISP business and servers… so he can “use” his company’s storage…

So, I agree it’s a great feature, but storage costs money… so we pay for extra storage here, and willingly to keep the forum afloat. Yes it is certainly more difficult for people to understand. I’ve tried several times to give a bulletproof method to post pictures, but then another person finds a “Shortcut” that works on his computer and browser, we have yet another “how to post pictures” thread and we just keep repeating the cycle.

Greg

**Folks we are working on this.**I promise to use Smileys so we can avoid the Sarchasm between us. You know that void when a joke misses it’s mark.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)

John

Greg Elmassian said:

Sorry, did not take it as a joke… been too many sarcastic comments over time. Will try to keep open mind.

Greg

But here on LSC, there are 2 buttons for posting reply. One at he bottom of the thread, called “quick reply”, and one at the top of the thread called “reply”. The reply at the top of the thread has a Manage photo/attach photo feature. Click “manage photo” and find the file you want, on your computer, double click it, click add photo, click upload photo and its attached to the post.

John Passaro said:

David Maynard said:

…colour…

You turning British on us, Maynard?

John, no, not at all. Growing up I used to lay on the floor of my grandparents living room to watch TV. On the front of the TV was a manufacurer’s plate that said “Admiral Colour TV”. So when we learned the word colour in school, my teacher had a heck of a time trying to convince me that it was spelled color. I even showed her the word colour in the dictionary. Yep, I got that one wrong on my spelling test.

I don’t post photos much anymore because they are all on my phone now, getting photos from my phone to my album is onerous at best. Too many steps, sad but this site isn’t very phone friendly. Most forums are that way.

edit;dang no attachment! I better stick to what works…

Wow, learn something every day, always ignored the reply button at top, because it is usually scrolled off screen…

Would someone please explain how to add a picture to a posting, in plain English ? Please, no technical terms.

ok, tried the attach, and you cannot access the file… says it is there… is there a size limit?

Greg

Maynard, what? Are you serious? Where did the attach a picture feature in Reply come from? Can you change the size so you don’t get this dinky little thumbnail?

(But then you click on it and it comes up full size…not only that but if you select the arrow I go to Maynard’s picture. Whoa. And when I select the arrow on his picture, it goes back to mine. Apparently it will scroll through all attached photos in the post.)

I think Bob McCown is planting features in the forum to keep the spirit of adventure alive!

yes

no joy on even a tiny jpg

son of a gun, I was able to edit it in… latest project a 4 inch easement curve … see above.

Now I’m in the loop, candy?

Oh my pic is 800 x 600 I think edits

John Passaro said:

Maynard, what? Are you serious? Where did the attach a picture feature in Reply come from? Can you change the size so you don’t get this dinky little thumbnail?

(But then you click on it and it comes up full size…not only that but if you select the arrow I go to Maynard’s picture. Whoa. And when I select the arrow on his picture, it goes back to mine. Apparently it will scroll through all attached photos in the post.)

I think Bob McCown is planting features in the forum to keep the spirit of adventure alive!

It has been mentioned before, but it took me several tries to find the solution and will probably take several more(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif) next time.

John Caughey said:

…Now I’m in the loop, candy?..

No candy in the van…waaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

John Passaro said:

John Caughey said:

…Now I’m in the loop, candy?..

No candy in the van…waaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last time I follow you, I need candy.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)