Large Scale Central

4-6-0 Build

That is a VERY fine job there - I’m VERY impressed. Just up the road from us is the Nene Valley Railway where they have THIS standard gauge Swedish loco, until recently in steam until a ham-fisted engineer pulled something he should have pushed and futzed up the entire water feed system…

swedish_steam_locomotive_by_jsh50-d5nzpx0.jpg (900×582)

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

tac Foley said:

That is a VERY fine job there - I’m VERY impressed. Just up the road from us is the Nene Valley Railway where they have THIS standard gauge Swedish loco, until recently in steam until a ham-fisted engineer pulled something he should have pushed and futzed up the entire water feed system…

That’s a shame, will it ever steam again?

It must have been a BIG Futz-up!

Another awesome build

https://flic.kr/p/wU5rFP

I have no idea why the video isn’t showing up now. :confused:

Hey, alright!
Now that it is running that brings up the question of what train will it pull?
Will have to read back through posts to see if that has been mentioned already.

It’s finally finished! After 4 months of work BML #1149 is done and has it’s own display case I made as well. The next thing to do is covert it to battery power now that I made the tender hollow with a removable coal load. (The coal is actually a lump from the same locomotive too)

That looks great, well done.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Nicely done!

Fantastic work Caleb! That’s a very sharp loco. I do think Forest brings up a good question. You certainly are going to have an interesting and one of a kind roster of locos. Can’t wait to see what you do next.

Thanks guys. I’m planning on eventually making the matching passenger cars and the open air car too. As far as hauling anything I haven’t tested it yet since I don’t have anymore track or rolling stock. I’m hoping to take it and run it at an upcoming model train show here in Venice, FL.

Ah, even seeing the BML, BM&L, written earlier, I hadn’t yet caught it was the Belfast & Moosehead Lake. Years ago there was an appealing HO track plan for them in Model Railroader. Cool about the coal load. Yep, that is going to be a train you won’t find on every store shelf. love it when people do that.