Large Scale Central

2015 ECLSTS

Are there any special rates at the Holiday Inn for show goers?

Rooster, we took a vote, you aren’t allowed to come.

Terry

Terry,
It is th same price as last year, $90.00 a night for a double occupancy.

I just called and told them the dates and that I was coming down for the train show and they gave me the special rate.

excellent!

thanks

I think me and the Mrs. will also be attending.

Unless, of course, you guys take another vote. Poor Rooster.

-Kevin.

Kevin - coming from where? Time for me to dig out my dry erase board again. Somebody distract Rooster, and I’ll take pictures.

Kevin lives in or near Buffalo. I hope they both come. It’ll be good to see them again, and you and Susan as well, Lou.

I’ve just booked my room at our favorite gathering place, The Holiday Inn on Loucks Avenue for Thu nite, Mar 26 and Fri nite, March 27.

It’s 1-717-846-9500. I asked for the East Coast Large Scale Train Show rate of $90.00 and got that. That was the advice Freddy gave me. I’m planning to bring him along, btw.

Edited to add NOTES:
1.) You can cancel your booking without penalty up to 6pm the day of your stay. After that expect a 1-nite charge to appear on your credit card.
2.) Don’t bother with the follow-up “prize offer” live sales pitch. Just hang up during the musak. After spending 10-15 minutes telling you about their five new resorts they ask for your credit card # to charge $200.00 to reserve a room somewhere you’re unlikely to visit in the next 12 months, ie, Orlando, Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Poconos, Williamsburg…However, if you want a cheap 5-nite stay, be my (their) guest and keep listening… Cheers.

“… So…I’d advise staying at the Holiday Inn, Loucks Ave, where the D&B will be held, unless Ric changes it…”

Is that the one close to RedRoofInn?

Save me pulling out map from '04 visit, or google :wink:

I hope to be there.
But it’s a little too early to say for sure.
Since the company I work for was sold back in June, job security went out the door with the old owner.
Ralph

Lou Luczu said:

Kevin - coming from where? Time for me to dig out my dry erase board again. Somebody distract Rooster, and I’ll take pictures.

Kevin

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/ECLSTS/035_zpsf8ac0052.jpg)

Terry Burr said:

Are there any special rates at the Holiday Inn for show goers?

Rooster, we took a vote, you aren’t allowed to come.

Terry

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/ECLSTS/002_zps354054b6.jpg)

Ralph Berg said:

I hope to be there.
But it’s a little too early to say for sure.
Since the company I work for was sold back in June, job security went out the door with the old owner.
Ralph

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/ECLSTS/024_zps402bb36b.jpg)

Shut up Rooster!

David Russell said:

Wrong finger, Ric :wink:
Ralph

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Have it checked off on the calendar, also need to make a list of items to get when we visit Kitchen Kettle Village, great place to visit if you like to eat!

Vincent,
I stopped there on the way home from the ECASTS. Let’s see jams, jellies, salsas and four pounds of twice smoked sweet bologna. Between my co-workers and my wife’s the bologna was gone in two days.
LAO

Doug Cannon said:

“… So…I’d advise staying at the Holiday Inn, Loucks Ave, where the D&B will be held, unless Ric changes it…”

Is that the one close to RedRoofInn?

Save me pulling out map from '04 visit, or google :wink:

Since that Holiday Inn is just off RT. 30 and the Red Roof Inn is on RT. 30, to answer your question, yes, that’s close to the Red Roof Inn. How close, I’m not sure.

What’s your point Ken?

David Russell said:

What’s your point Ken?

That was Ric pointing, not me…:wink:

We’ve booked into at a B&B in Red Lion. We had such a great time last year we’re heading down on Thursday March 26, 2015 and staying until Sunday.

Counting the days!!

With that rowdy looking bunch I think I’ll stay home.