Large Scale Central

May 2014 Operations on the Bluestone Southern RR

17 and 18 May was the first Operations session on the Bluestone southern RR for the year 2014…

Had 14 folks on Saturday, and 10-12 folks on Sunday…

Weather was great, both days… Highs 65-72, sunny, bright, a wonderful weekend…

Below is Amtrack departing Evansville, heading North to Chicago, Via Bluefield in the background, as EVWR Local heads North to the Nashville Elevator in the foreground.

Amtrak Below, departing Evansville.

EVWR Local running North to the Nashville Elevator.

T-Mark and Mark working Sparta with the EVWR local.

Traffic on the Sparta Subdivision… Freight headin south to Memphis, and the coal drag heading back north to Bluefield.

Cleanup train coming off the Hilltop Subdivision and running thru Bluefield.

WOW! That is impressive!

Looks good Andy. Thanks for the pix!

See ya in the fall (hopefully)…:wink:

Looks good but where are the steam trains? :wink: It would be really cool if you can get water flowing through those gullies 24/7

Shawn (napkin builder) Viggiano said:

Looks good but where are the steam trains? :wink: It would be really cool if you can get water flowing through those gullies 24/7

He does, every time it rains…:wink:

There was a steam loco working in the set yard in the house but it only work on Sat. I thank there was photo taken but they must have been over look by Andy.

David E. Masters said:
There was a steam loco working in the set yard in the house but it only work on Sat. I thank there was photo taken but they must have been over look by Andy.

Dave, I didn’t see any pictures of the basment yards… But, yes, you did have your steamer working the Yards in the basement, working the Yards along with Jan.

Ken, hope to see you in the fall also…

Shawn, I don’t mind having steam run on the line, however, at the moment, I don’t have anywhere to turn the engines, except for at the Y in Bluefield… However, train size is gradually getting longer, as I get more freight cars ready… One train ran Sunday with 18 freight cars, and another ran with 24 freight cars…

I increased the size of the trains this time by 3-5 cars for each run…

Looks good Dad however Amtrak doesn’t run roadrailer mail to Chicago so you might as well sell them Roadrailers to me.

Why is it every time Ric is at your house he has his knee pads on?

Looks like fun Andy. Some day…

THIS is the year, Jon!

I’m really hoping that Jean and I can make it this fall.

Shawn (napkin builder) Viggiano said:

Looks good but where are the steam trains? :wink:

Wahddya call that?

and that?

hehehe, get’em, Ken…

Ok then how about live steam. Guess Ill have to come out someday to see that happen :wink:

I do believe that Ric has run his Live Steamer out there…Maybe not in Operations, but I’m pretty sure it’s been there…:wink:

Sunday was great also. Joyce and I had a good time. Also got to run my Norfork Southern engine that Jim Agnew set up for me. It sounds real good.

Bruce Chandler said:

THIS is the year, Jon!

I’m really hoping that Jean and I can make it this fall.

Not unless I hit the lotto :frowning:

Dale’s NW engine pulling the coal train on the Sparta Subdivision…

Love the way that RR looks. Makes me want to move to the country and get a big yard just for trains!
Thanks for sharing!

Jane thanks for posting all the great pics!