Large Scale Central

Xacto blades

I’ve got about a dozen left from a hundred pack. They are so old, I’m sure it’s US steel. I’ll sharpen until they’ve lived a long and prosperous life Wink

Back in the day when I practiced medicine and committed surgery, I would save, clean and sterilize the blades I used. Almost all of them were made by Wilkinson Sword, and never seemed to go dull. I wish that I had thought to save more blades, you couldn’t beat them to death with a baseball bat.

Bruce Chandler said:

I’ve just ordered these, so don’t know how great they are, but it seemed like a good price to me. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GBSXG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ll find out later when I start using them.

We expect a review

Lot of UK modellers use these. Still trns the cutting mat red tho’Tongue out

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/175-5632412-5061945?url=search-alias%3Darts-crafts&field-keywords=SWANN%20MORTON%20

Ross Mansell said:

There is a “Scalpel Blade Remover” listed on that page.

Is that to remove them from your body?

Tom

Tom Stephens said:

Ross Mansell said:

There is a “Scalpel Blade Remover” listed on that page.

Is that to remove them from your body?

Tom

I usually use a round nosed pliers to remove blades from the handle…no major accidents…plenty of punctured fingers tho’!!Cool

An update if anyone cares.

I don’t like the new fangled blade save one thing; it isn’t brittle. Now the trade off is I don’t think it was ever as sharp as the regular ones and didn’t stay sharp at all. Thats likely due to how soft it is. But for scribing and cutting through styrene or wood it was nice as the several repeated passes did not break the tip which is what usually happens to me. It bent instead. But thats not enough of a reason to justify the cost.

I will stick with a regular #11 and touch them up and then toss.

I got set, seem about the same to me.