Large Scale Central

Wood car framing

True. Unless you encourage folks to pick up your models and flip it over, you can get by with just the stuff that can be seen from the side. Truss rods, brake cylinder, etc.

I brought home an AMS box car from NELSTS last night. Inspecting it on arrival the underside detail is over the top, They even model all the brake rigging EXCEPT on the trucks. My thought was if you are not going to model the connection to the truck brakes, then why bother with all the rods!

More stuff to break!! Ask me how I know…

This is just the thing. I WONT be encouraging ANYONE to pick this car up and examine it. But. . .I still come back to me knowing its there. So I have decided to model the underside.

A certain someone on here did gift me files for some awesome car details that I am going to use on this car. And it includes the undercarriage details. So I feel obliged to use them.

So have the wood cut for the car. Goong to start assembling it. Should have it built and ready for paint here in a few. Without decking it won’t take long to assemble the car.

The fox trucks are printed. Need to test fit everything and see how they are gonna work out. Need to reprint the bolster spanner thingy because I am dumb and forgot to put holes in the pin parts that go in the truck bolsters to bolt it all together.