Large Scale Central

Wife approves move and expansion!

Shawn said:
Western NC is where I would like to retire to. Still have over 20 years for that. We have 6-12 more inches of snow forcasted for tue-wed. Another end of the week. Winter is never going to end.
Shawn, I'll be here waiting for you. In 20 years you may need a little help with the new RR. :) Of course, in 20 years I may not be much help :lol: Ralph

The wonders of the internet still amaze me, I can sit here in Australia and read about the snow that is stopping your progress while I can’t proceed with my garden railway make over because it is 107 degrees outside, 1 day down with 4 or 5 to go in our mini heatwave according to the weather men. The sun has nearly set so I will go and battle the mosquito’s for a while in the relative cool (77 degrees) of the evening, oh well, it makes the cold beer extra nice to drink, the things we do for our hobby.
The bonus is that it doesn’t snow in winter down here, well not at my place, so apart from a few hot days I can play trains all year round.

Wayne Hoskin said:
The wonders of the internet still amaze me, I can sit here in Australia and read about the snow that is stopping your progress while I can't proceed with my garden railway make over because it is 107 degrees outside, 1 day down with 4 or 5 to go in our mini heatwave according to the weather men. The sun has nearly set so I will go and battle the mosquito's for a while in the relative cool (77 degrees) of the evening, oh well, it makes the cold beer extra nice to drink, the things we do for our hobby. The bonus is that it doesn't snow in winter down here, well not at my place, so apart from a few hot days I can play trains all year round.
You guys are killing me. How about some pictures of warm weather trains running. Maybe that will lift my spirits uo some. LOL
Ralph B_rg said:
Shawn said:
Western NC is where I would like to retire to. Still have over 20 years for that. We have 6-12 more inches of snow forcasted for tue-wed. Another end of the week. Winter is never going to end.
Shawn, I'll be here waiting for you. In 20 years you may need a little help with the new RR. :) Of course, in 20 years I may not be much help :lol: Ralph
I will have to look you up. What part are you by The smokies or closer to Boone? I went to school in High Point NC and spent many weekends hiking and kayaking in the smokies etc..... I love the southern appalachains and the culture. You cant beat good ol blue grass music. I just hope I can get some XC skiing and snowshoeing in during the winter.
Shawn said:
I will have to look you up. What part are you by The smokies or closer to Boone? I went to school in High Point NC and spent many weekends hiking and kayaking in the smokies etc..... I love the southern appalachains and the culture. You cant beat good ol blue grass music. I just hope I can get some XC skiing and snowshoeing in during the winter.
Shawn, I'm about 30 minutes from Asheville, 5 minutes from Lake Lure. Boone is a bit colder and gets more snow. I'm also about 5 minutes from another lake, Lake Adger and 5 minutes from the Green River. My wife grew up here. Although I miss the beach, life here is very peaceful. Should you wander this way for a vacation before you retire, look me up. If not, hopefully we'll see you in 20 years or so. Ralph