Large Scale Central

Who wants to model this?

It actually existed.

2 Likes

There is a model for everything! :grinning:
(Or a prototype for every model)

1 Like

lol that looks like fun and the track I need to hand lay will go twice as far this way. :laughing:

1 Like

Apparently, it’s making a comeback!

VIDEO👇

I realize in both real life and modeling that there is something for everyone, for me I will have to pass on this one. For those who see this as something they might want to do, go for it.

My little concept rail vehicle. “For when it has to get there before you mailed it!”

FastMail051

Best, David Meashey

3 Likes

Prepare to be blown away by science of 1910

2 Likes

Amazing video. Thanks Bill.

Dave you might be interested in this concept vehicle…

Propeller Passenger Prototype Properly Put through its Paces

Honestly Bill;

The Fast Mail was inspired by one of the LGB fan-powered vehicles, which I thought was way too pricy. SOOooooooooooo I decided to make my own! It is made from a 1-liter seltzer bottle married to a ducted fan drive with a plastic Easter egg for the canopy. All that sits on LGB ball-bearing wheels. The ducted fan drive is not supposed to get more than 9.5 volts, but I’ve never had enough straight track to even come close to that amount of voltage!

The Rail Zepplin has always been fascinating to me, but I hate to consider the curve radius a large-scale model would require! I understand the real one was scrapped for the metal for Hitler’s war effort.

Best, David Meashey

1 Like