Large Scale Central

Tim's 2024 Mik Project - Nocturne Mine

i’ll love to see your new population there!

The scenery is mostly done. The plaster went on much better than in years past.
Update C1

![Update D1|600x375]
Update D2
Update D1

Built the mine building. Slapped the Colorado Model Structure panels onto a wood frame, after which I cut up cereal boxes for the back. Then I further mutilated bits of scrap cardboard to make badly battered ore chutes. These are in the ‘up’ or 'closed position. The idea being that when the chute drops, a hatch for the ore opens up. (I have no idea if that is remotely prototypical at all.)

Right now, all that remains is setting it in place and adding a few details…I’ll have to see what weird characters and bits I have laying around…

Update E1

Update E2

Update E3

Really nice work Tim! We’d talked about that haunted house corner several moons ago, and I love what you did with it.

Soldier on, keep going!

I’m calling it done, though I won’t rule out moving a few figures around or some such tomorrow. I went and stuck the old CMS window frames in the openings, something I don’t normally do for structures of this sort. The detail items are just random junk (trash) I had laying around.

Final 4

Final 2

Final 5

Final 6
Final 7

2 Likes

Final 5
Well that’s one giant leap for Mik kind!
Love the lighting effects in the photos

1 Like

The lighting in most of the train room is…barely acceptable. At the Nocturne Deep shelf, it is horrendous - plenty of light at the one end, but the other is always shadowy, and there is no easy fix. It does fit the name, though.

1 Like

I have the same problem and I have 6 four foot LED tube lights that are bright as anything and parts of the layout are still perpetually dark…

1 Like

Is it ever worthwhile embracing the darkness and plop some fiberoptics? They don’t do G, but it’s different and no wires to run…

I installed an LED light strip under the overhanging shelves, it’s helps but not enough for good photography. Good enough for the eyes isn’t necessarily good enough for the camera, especially if you got one like my phone that’s kinda lousy at taking pictures in dark places.