Large Scale Central

Time to get rid of

Steve

Train Li for those turnouts

http://www.train-li-usa.com/store/switches-yard-switches-c-54_29_57.html

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Chris,

Staging at the other end - representing Thusis - is planned with just three main tracks. Applying the same scheme, with a mandatory change of engine, it should work.

Track 1a (1500mm) is the engine stand-by pocket, 1b is the escape track for run-arounds and 3a is for the diner and mail car. At 2000mm usable length it should be enough for the GE sections they used to run back in '69/'75.

I like what you’ve come up with HJ, I never thought about the idea of changing engines, nor adding in something like your 1a spur. I was oringally intending the staging to represent the FO, since the town outside the garage is supposed to be Disentis. But until I have a HGe 4/4 II or some type of FO locomotives, I don’t see how my plan will work…

Hopefully when I finally get the railroad completed, I’ll be able to work out an operating plan and see if the yard will suffice. If not, your idea of a passenger yard might need rescue me.

Steve Featherkile said:

Greg Elmassian said:

(http://www.elmassian.com/images/stories/storage/5-way-switch.jpg)

Solved my problem Greg

'D’jou build this, or buy it, and if’n it was store bought, which store did you use? If’n you built it, how’s about 'splainin how you did it? That is a great idea!

Steve, check out Axel’s website - Train Li - I’m thinking of getting one. Very neat… gg

Gavin,

Axel is very proud of them, isn’t he? I will probably have to build mine.

Marty Cozad did it, just using a piece of track and wood blocks… He’s had his for a few years…

It’s really should not be that difficult to make one… Make the wood blocks, so it fit between the bottom of the two rails, that way, it holds it with movement, lift track up slightly to move it…

I’m still thinkin’ boobs!
:wink:

My 5 way is powered for remote operation, and I had it specially nickle plated… low maintenance and ease of use are top priority in my application. Yep, not cheap, but cheaper than the equivalent number of stainless steel switches and much less space wasted in making a ladder.

Regards, Greg