Large Scale Central

Scale for amusement park train

Cliff Jennings said:

Such a fun problem you guys have been discussing. Greg, didn’t you have a Z layout on a G flatcar?

Anyway, I’ve tried to hold back from posting this, but now in a moment of weakness I am doing so.

Choke!

Greg Elmassian said:

Did you mean what you said? Z is bigger than TT? I think you meant to say “T” scale, not “TT” which is closer to HO.

TT is 1:120

Z is 1:220

T is 1:450

Greg

Devon Sinsley said:

Pete Lassen said:

oh now this is opening a very large genie out of a bottle, which may never be shoved back inside. I remember one RR I toured here a few years ago had I think it was a Z scale “g scale garden RR” on a raised platform behind one of the houses. MUST NOT LOOK INTO THE LIGHT, stay on the main track, avoid the rabbit hole.

Check out TT. Would make a very nice garden railroad. Z is big. TT comes out almost perfect for g scale in g scale.

Greg, I meant TT at least at the time. But What I really meant was T. Thanks for the clarification

Devon Sinsley said:

Pete Lassen said:

oh now this is opening a very large genie out of a bottle, which may never be shoved back inside. I remember one RR I toured here a few years ago had I think it was a Z scale “g scale garden RR” on a raised platform behind one of the houses. MUST NOT LOOK INTO THE LIGHT, stay on the main track, avoid the rabbit hole.

Check out TT. Would make a very nice garden railroad. Z is big. TT comes out almost perfect for g scale in g scale.

Yes TTs and trains go together. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

But What I really meant was T.

Is T-scale still available? I recall the original Japanese manufacturer made a model ride-on ‘park’ train using their diesel and some modified flatcars, but it was for O-scale. Can’t find any trace of it now.

I have several N scale passenger cars from when I was an N scaler. But I am now wondering about locomotives. Can you still buy regular locomotives now adays? Seems like everything is DC.

Ron, DCC locomotives will run on DC.

Pete Thornton said:

But What I really meant was T.

Is T-scale still available? I recall the original Japanese manufacturer made a model ride-on ‘park’ train using their diesel and some modified flatcars, but it was for O-scale. Can’t find any trace of it now.

https://www.tgauge.com/

Have no idea the availability of it. I never got any farther than just day dreaming about it.