Large Scale Central

Santa fe & Butthead Cove R.R. Upgrades

Looking good Noel.

Here kind of show the upgrade of tracks. Not the best photo. Just have a few more changes and then redo the to new track drawing.
Lost count on the footage of the tracks on the hole layout, but I think it over 50 feet now thinking when we loose trains sometimes and have to use three intercom to find them. lol.

New yard trackage

Trackage drawing

Spent all day tracing out and changing Cir. in Bakers Acres area. This is to show our group guys the new set up for now until we build a new panel for the routing and locations of travel. Guess this Is what we get when we are Track power guys and not all Batt. lol.
This shows a hand drawing of the cirs. and Sw locations.
Now Bakers Acres area now can use our Aristo TM’s Throttle A/B with main line or Throttle C for that area only.
Throttle at Set up area can use Throttle A/B or Throttle D.

Note: The Turntable Nbr’s. are Blocks that are on the Turntable panel that is already built and installed.

Jeesh, what a setup! :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did you get the Napkin with lines?? :wink:

Sean McGillicuddy said:

He drew them on there with a blue pen.

Sean McGillicuddy said:

You guys are just jealous due to my Napkins have lines and your don’t… This means you are not getting to the Doller store very often. hehehhe. Like we do… "5 bundles for a dollar. "

Noel Wilson said:

Sean McGillicuddy said:

You guys are just jealous due to my Napkins have lines and your don’t… This means you are not getting to the Doller store very often. hehehhe. Like we do… "5 Napkins/bundles ruff cut for a dollar. "

Forgot to add the ruff cut pads… Straight from other side of the Big Pond with qty. control stuff to make sure all lines are on a page… lol.

We gave it a test to see how the new yard worked out by setting up around 30 some cars at the set up area and grabbing a NW-3 to shove them down to Bakers Acres sw. yard.

Then do a little switch in the yard and make up a train with a couple of GP-9’s … worked out great …

Here is where we set up 5 caboose at the set up area with the 9’s to take to the yard to see how they fit on the caboose tracks down there.

Now that is one heck of a RR. Later RJD

It really is an amazing railroad. I was Noel’s guest for an afternoon last year and my grown son and I were in awe. I hope to go back again soon to see all the improvement since the last time I visited.

Are those “Soutmern Pacific” reefers? I prize mine.

Tom Ruby said:

Are those “Soutmern Pacific” reefers? I prize mine.

Yes they are Tom. I only have two of them but love the looks and works will with my other Reefers that are difference road names… Kind of shinny tho.

Joe Zullo said:

It really is an amazing railroad. I was Noel’s guest for an afternoon last year and my grown son and I were in awe. I hope to go back again soon to see all the improvement since the last time I visited.

Yup… They were here and always welcome.

looking at the pic of joe and Mrs Joe, again i ask myself something.
ours is a tecnical hobby - but when it comes to use other tecnical items, like cameras and cellphones, we tend to let them be managed by our wives… curious, isn’t it?

btw, Noel, would it be alright, if i come by for an hour or so in feb 2022?

Korm Kormsen said:

looking at the pic of joe and Mrs Joe, again i ask myself something.
ours is a tecnical hobby - but when it comes to use other tecnical items, like cameras and cellphones, we tend to let them be managed by our wives… curious, isn’t it?

Yup… that funny ,but how true with our spouses…

Let me see Korm… checking my book on your date and you may have to talk to our kids… We would be almost 90 … hehehhe But I really don’t see any thing in my reservations and schedules after Jan 30,2022… May want to call first. hehehehe.
Don’t forget to bring the Milkmade ready to milk the over due cows that are lined up with over size bags, may be a flood of milk everwhere… lol.

Korm…you know that River you were showing us how to Make? Well this buddy of our came out of it and is showing on his back from reading your post. … Love this guy… lol. You got your frog… laf.

Looks great Pap!

Korm Kormsen said:

Korm,
Give me a few days notice and I’ll meet you there :slight_smile:

Noel,
I’m ready for another video of the SF&BC RR.
With your fine musical accompaniment, of course :wink:
Ralph