Large Scale Central

Retirement Travels

We got everyone back to Carlyle, safely. This “Saga” is complete. Off to a rodeo in Hopedale, Illinois this weekend and then schedule is a little uncertain. Personal choice is to not stay in this heat very long. SWMBO has other thoughts. Next week we’ll get things ready to roll, again.

Ric Golding said:

We got everyone back to Carlyle, safely. Personal choice is to not stay in this heat very long. SWMBO has other thoughts. Next week we’ll get things ready to roll, again.

How about this idea…Come out to Southern California and join us at the Los Angeles Live Steamers for our Fall Meet. The FIRST weekend in October (Oct 1&2), not as well attended as our Spring meets. You have the railroad pretty much to yourself. I’ll even “help you unload” your stuff. :slight_smile:

And in September,

Off to Maine!

And L.A. after Augusta?!? Coast to coast?

See you there, (downeast that is)

Tom

Yeah, I wish. Currently at the Illinois Junior Rodeo Association State Finals in Hopedale/Delavan, Illinois. Back to Carlyle for a day or so on Monday and Tuesday.

All obligations are complete and next scheduled event is Clarke’s Operations in September after the Narrow Gauge Convention. Heading north to get away from the heat until then.

When are you going to head up to the Great Pacific Northwest? We ain’t getting any younger, ya know. Consider this your official invite.

Well maybe we will run into ya some where Rick. Our camping goes about as far north as MI and then west to KC to visit brothers 7.5 RR. Maybe if ya get up that way check him out. Later RJD

Currently at a “Steam Up” in Newark Valley, NY honoring Ron Brown. Have run in to lots of old friends. People we’ve met, but can’t remember where and new friends that know our old friends. It is a small World of model and real trains of all sizes.

RJ, I’m sure our paths will cross, they have many times. Always enjoyable.

Steve, planning for that trip next Summer. So keep your health in good shape and it may happen.

Headed for the Narrow Gauge Convention, next month.

Ric - You sure get around. Must have a bunch of miles on that new beast already :slight_smile:

isnt at whut its for?

Turned 20,000 this last week. They said it is good for a million miles, but I don’t know if I have that much time left.

Visited the Hanford Mills in East Meredith, NY. A very interesting mill complex running on a water wheel and occasionally on a built in Erie steam plant and engine. Great example if someone is modeling a grist or saw mill.

www.hanfordmills.org

Showed some interest and got the real back room tour. Quite exceptional tour guides, steam engineer and sawyer.

Ric Did you get a MH? You still winter in FL? Later RJD

Wow - 20K already! I know you like to travel, but you really must like to drive too. Our Envoy turned 170K this week, still running strong.

20k…who’s responsibility is it to flush the septic system?

this post has been edited by: Rooster

" Rooster " said:

THAT’s totally my responsibility! Jan says I have to deal with it. :wink:

We carry a copy of “RV” with us all the time. Its tradition that the grand kids want to watch it, every time they are with us. All gather for that part of the film, every time and the belly laughs roar.

When we started this transition from boat to travel trailer, I would get a mental picture of that scene every time I had to dump the tanks in a new place. Absolutely amazing all the parts you have to carry to be prepared for all hook up situations. The scene still comes to mine, when “stuff” happens.

“FIRE IN THE HOLE!”

Ric Golding said:

" Rooster " said:

THAT’s totally my responsibility! Jan says I have to deal with it. :wink:

Well ok then as long as she is cleaning the bathroom.

It is sweet corn season so it’s understandable.

Spent the night in Brooksville, Ohio. Headed back to Carlyle and should arrive with GOD’s will, this afternoon. Temps are looking better there and scheduled for Clarkes’ Ops on the Bluestone Southern this weekend. Weather should be close to perfect.

Had a great time at the National Narrow Gauge Convention and extra time at Boothbay, Maine. A place on my bucket list and not disappointed. Saw Stan and Debbie Ames at the Convention and though in Llittleton, Ma. twice, coming and going from Augusta, Maine, we did not see or make contact with our “Benevolent Dictator” nor Martha or Will. Our fault. I delayed saying anything going up because of the unknowns of Hermine and coming back, we were just moving through. Mr. Radder introduced us to the Minutemen Campground in Littleton, Ma and it is never anything but a great spot to stay. Ahhhh, next year.

Roger and Susie Caiazza introduced us to the Lowell, Ma. National Park at the Mills. Interesting and a good trolley, plus canal boat ride.

Need a haircut and that reminds me, the grass probably needs cutting also. Neighbors complain, but if we aren’t there, we don’t heaar them and I’ve given them permission to cut it for us.

Plans are once again moving forward on the Duplex, but don’t hold your breath.

All is well!

Well it’s been a few months Rick since you posted here any up dates? Later RJD