Large Scale Central

Reconstruction of Nelson Yard – Part 2

This is a historical weekend for large scale railroading. The WV & K drives the golden spike and the IPP&W recovers from a major disaster in record time :smiley:

The CELEBRATION was a success…all track work was approved…no derailments, other than those caused by operator error.
We hope to have our first true operation next Saturday.

Good news Fred. Now you and the gang can get back to relaxing. :slight_smile:

Ahhhh, yes, relaxing…!!
It was great to watch two Annies, double heading a 21 car train of B’mann ore cars, over all of our trackage…all equipped with Kadee #1 gauge couplers, without any derailments or uncoupling. This included transversing, just about all the switches on the two railroads… The track and switches are well layed…and the roadbed is great.
The bheer was flowing well…

Pictures, we want pictures!

There are pictures on our web page at: www.ovgrs.org/

fred, congrats to one and all for getting the rework completed…

I notice that by almost 3pm there had been no derailments. By just after 8pm there had. So what happened? Who turned up to operate? Or was it just due to the bheer?

Anyway kudos to the OVGRS club in getting their railroad up and running again; it must be another kind of warm glow in seeing it operational in full once more.

Really looking forward to a great Invasion. Working hard to get there.

The bheer is considered to be a form of holy water, under the Branch Railroadian Fellowship rules of having fun, section 32, subsection 3, “Friendship and Fun Factor”…also in this section 32, is subsection 4, which clearly indicates that “Moderation”, is to be practised at all times, except for no limits on the “Friendship and Fun Factor”.

Fr. Fred.

No suggestion of any breach of the Club rules was intended. Apologies if it seems that way - that is one of the hazards of type rather than speech.

Whilst on the subject of Holy waters I would mention that the Country of Belgium makes some very fine beers, many of which are of a monastic provenance. France seems to favour liqueurs (Chartreuse, Benedictine etc.) whereas, strangely as it might seem Britain goes for tonic wine. The wine is of course from France but the tonic is added in England.

Ahhh, yes, Alan…we have tasted many, many Belgian bheers, here in Ottawa, at the Pub Italia, where they carry a good selection. Thank you for pointing out the many holy waters available.
I didn’t think of any suggestion, of a beach of rules in your note. I was only making sure that it is understood, that the Branch Railroadian Fellowship had a code of some sort that helps to keep us all on a path toward great fun, but with moderation, noted as a way to prevent accidents, and promote safety.
Thank you, Alan for your kind comments.