Large Scale Central

NVRY MOW work

Bob said - “I might possibly have a TrainOps in September.”

Any ideas of when calendars may need to be marked? Finger Lakes Live Steamers Fall Open House is the 24th-26th of September and so is the Bluestone Southern OPs. Just letting you know about those dates.(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Ric Golding said:

Bob said - “I might possibly have a TrainOps in September.”

Any ideas of when calendars may need to be marked? Finger Lakes Live Steamers Fall Open House is the 24th-26th of September and so is the Bluestone Southern OPs. Just letting you know about those dates.(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

No idea yet, but I’ll keep those dates in mind. Lots of things going on here vying for attention, so work on the RR is sporadic.

In between all the rain, I got some more work done on the Williamsport rebuild yesterday.

Here you can see where they warehouse goes (lower left, will have tracks on both sides now, plus the pipe dealer spur in the center) and the lead for the car ferry on the right.

A look back at the warehouse trackage.

1 Like

Bob,

Looking good. only one comment and that is the location of your switch throws. currently several are fouling the adjacent track.

Al P.

Al Pomeroy said:

Bob,

Looking good. only one comment and that is the location of your switch throws. currently several are fouling the adjacent track.

Al P.

This is just getting track down. I dont have the spare time to move the switch throw to the other side at the moment.

Bob & Al;

Something I learned during the 1978 BRAC strike while stationed at N&W’s Bellevue hump yard in Bellevue, OH. The real roads sometimes have trouble placing switch throws due to tight track clearances. Their solution is to locate the throw as much as a track or two away, and reach the switch via running the throw rod through a conduit.

Just something to consider. In OO/HO, I used plastic coffee stir sticks for conduit. Brass tubing probably works best for large scale.

Best wishes, David Meashey

David Meashey said:

Bob & Al;

Something I learned during the 1978 BRAC strike while stationed at N&W’s Bellevue hump yard in Bellevue, OH. The real roads sometimes have trouble placing switch throws due to tight track clearances. Their solution is to locate the throw as much as a track or two away, and reach the switch via running the throw rod through a conduit.

Just something to consider. In OO/HO, I used plastic coffee stir sticks for conduit. Brass tubing probably works best for large scale.

“1978 BRAC Strike” - I remember that day. Only unauthorized day off in 16 years of working for the railroad. Really, only unauthorized day off in 50 years of earning an income.

Ric Golding said:

David Meashey said:

Bob & Al;

“1978 BRAC Strike” - I remember that day. Only unauthorized day off in 16 years of working for the railroad. Really, only unauthorized day off in 50 years of earning an income.

Wow…Ric was earning income when I was a year old and some of these other guys in the hobby were only zygotes !

Only saying… I guess I’m not the kid anymore.

Sigh

Rooster said:

Ric Golding said:

David Meashey said:

Bob & Al;

Wow…Ric was earning income when I was a year old and some of these other guys in the hobby were only zygotes !

Only saying… I guess I’m not the kid anymore.

Sigh

Still the kid in my book. (Now, get off the lawn!) (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Guys;

"A said:

B said:

C said:

D said:"

CHEESE UND CRACKERS! All I want to know is whether my information was helpful? I was just trying to help with an example I saw on the real thing!

Climbing off of my high horse, David Meashey

David Meashey said:

Guys;

"A said:

B said:

C said:

D said:"

CHEESE UND CRACKERS! All I want to know is whether my information was helpful? I was just trying to help with an example I saw on the real thing!

Climbing off of my high horse, David Meashey

That’s the cool part-you may never know if what you contribute is useful or not! Yeah,life is tough.

Hey Dave, I’ll thank you for your comment, my grey matter had totally misplaced the piece of information. However, I do still remember who the villain was in the Beach Blanket Movies. Eric Von Zipper, played by Harvey Lembeck. Why would anyone remember useless cr#p like that?

Had some time at lunch today, so I connected the new mainline to the now-branch that goes downhill via the back loop. Next I need to figure out how to add a runaround down at the bottom of the hill.

Something like this should work. Gives me a runaround for about five cars, depending on how far back the LH switch on the left of the image is moved back.

Yes, this is definitely going to work. Need to move some rocks and plants, but I should be able to knock this out in a few hours this weekend.

You’re FAST! If it were me, I’d have said “a few days.” Or weeks…

Almost done. Ran out of rail clamps.

Looking down the branchline, showing the runaround and various spurs.

The different spurs. Off to the left is a mine loader, as will the track going under the viaduct.

And looking back towards Marconi Macaroni.

1 Like

Reindeer Pass to the rescue, they had some rail clamps in stock. Going to see about finishing up this part this evening when its cooler.

Yep, it’s crazy hot this weekend up here. I’m trying to get our boat prepped for launch this week. Had to come in and hide. 80 indoors - our window AC’s are out waiting for house painters :sweat:

Same here, was in the 90’s!