Large Scale Central

New Layout Track Plan

Although operations are fun I still like to be able to have my trains run in a loop. Your plan looks good but I think once you start laying track down you will change things around anyway. Im not one for a spider web of track. I like to keep things simple. Its important to know what you want in the layout. When I made my layout the main things I was looking for in my design was to have one s curve, have one long straight away, area for a small trestle, have a tunnel, a mountain, one passing siding, siding to a mine, another siding to a sawmill. The passing siding was going to have a few sidings off that for an engine house and storage. I was looking for more of a backwoods RR. That ment I wanted most of the layout to be undevolped. I used the passing siding area for the industry/yard. and the sawmill siding is used for the camp/sawmill. In the undevolped area I put a small cabin and fire tower in. Then lots of plants to hide the train. All this had to be done with around 100ft of track and a low budget. What makes a layout is the details, creating realistic scenes throughout the layout. As you see you will get a lot of different opinions. It comes down to what you want and what you can afford. I say start with what you have and see what happens when you start laying.