Large Scale Central

Miks 2019 Build - Tim

The last few days have been annoyingly busy at both work and home - getting hit with a blizzard will do that, as will the chain breaking on the snow blower.

I also built myself into a corner or two with the facades - some of the scraps didn’t fit together all that smoothly, making a couple buildings look like they’d survived an earthquake. Still, the 2D expanse draws close to completion. I should have the business district wrapped up by tomorrow afternoon, and everything set in place tomorrow night.

Still too big of a mess for pics.

Well, I’m not happy with a couple things (grade crossing flopped) but I guess it’s ‘done enough.’ definitely an improvement over unpainted sheetrock.

I built far more than originally intended - it was just supposed to be the station, industry one, and a 2D house or some such between them. Instead, well, I tacked in the 2D business district and 2D suburbia.

Because the façade is so strung out and there is no good vantage point for a single pic, I put my obsolete camera on a flatcar instead and had the Mac push it slowly along the lineup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138006591@N08/albums/72157677975585748

I might or might not post photo’s later on.

Hey Tim, don’t get down, it’s all about fun. Heck mine is based on a literal silly cartoon.Now that the artificial deadline of the challenge is over, keep going on them until you’re happy, I think they look pretty neat.

Tim what Vic said. Rule #1 must be observed at all times: “Have Fun”. This is NOT a competition. It is a “challenge” among friends and fellow builders. Its whole purpose is to do something, anything, in the winter months when outdoor railroading for most is not likely. You are a winner because you participated. Keep going and absolutely keep posting. I am gaining inspiration for someday when I have an indoor.

Jeeze Tim, what are you beating yourself up about that video from the car window made those flats look very real and believable. Background scenery is just that it is meant to give the minds eye an illusion of reality not a detailed picture, while the eye follows the main action, in our case the trains.

Great build job and video, well except for those last few seconds(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Rick

Vic, Devon, Rick, and the rest of the crew…

My apologies. Work, taxes, and family matters had me a bit stressed this last month. Carried over here.

Not the Mik project, but I have been working on the buildings in the town of Bachmann on the layout - several were set there, unfinished, on a ‘temporary’ basis to make room in my work area (I’m almost positive that there’s a table beneath the debris). Well, now the Bachmann toyshop looks like a toyshop, and the store might almost be taken for a mini-grocery. Still have to do something with the upper floors in both buildings. I might post pic’s in one of the Flicker Albums or maybe on Facebook in the next few days.