Large Scale Central

M.E.K. "subsititue"

At this point I have 2 1/2 quarts of M.E.K. That should last me a good plenty long time. I would hope.

The reason I don’t use stuff like the Weld On 3 is it is 18 bucks for a 1/4 pint. I just paid $16 for a quart of M.E.K.

Don’t work on PCV unless "BUTT’ joining. Killer on acrylic though,.

If I am gluing PVC I will use good old fashion PVC cement.

But you are gonna spend a shitload of money on PVC board for the mine you would like to have ?

I haven’t decided to go that route yet. I am leaning that way but need to get some prices first. I am liking the idea you used of skinning pink foam board with styrene. I have styrene. I have M.E.K. and I have 1" pink foam board. And your little station is tipping my scale that way.

And why spend a bunch of money on a small can of solvent that does exactly the same thing as a large can of solvent for the same price.

I didn’t skin the station only scored lines in the pink foam. Why spend a bunch of money on PVC board ?

Hey I’m new at this and still learning.

I don’t think I will be spending a bunch of money on PVC boards if I go the route you went.

For those still trying to find MEK - It’s still available on Amazon from several vendors.