Large Scale Central

Looking for used starter live steam logo

John Caughey said:

Take me out of the search, I decided to get a Ruby kit and learn as I go.

I pushed the button to start the ball rolling! Can’t wait to set the desert on fire!

Miss Ruby was hand delivered today, as the Brown truck driver approached he said I’m bringing you a locomotive! Nonplussed I said “And this one is a live steamer!” blank look- “Fire and water makes steam” … ‘oh oh ok’. As he headed towards the truck he said “You have a nice setup.”

I put everything back in the box and set her on the Train Altar because I’m building a bridge right now and then I’ll want to clean up my work bench… and clean my Optivisors to read the fine print!

Thanks for all the great suggestions from all. I’m not able to spend a whole lot of time watching replies to my questions so apologize for my tardiness in thank you all. I do know Jay Kovacs / The Train Dept. (met him at a local friend’s steam-up last year) and I think that will probably end up being my source for a loco unless something good and used shows up locally where I can have another set of eyes look at it with me.

Most used engines come and go quickly, your best bet is probably to let Jay know what you can afford to spend and what kind of engine you might like to own and see what he can turn up. Good Luck!

That’s a great idea, Mike, I think I’ll do that.