Large Scale Central

Ken Brunt's Mill re-homed on the C.V.S.Ry

You cannot leave people alone with our train treasures , I was showing an adult how heavy a car and a locomotive, ( first mistake), set the locomotive down carefully turn to pick up a tank car, (#2 mistake) turn back and he is holding the locomotive by the middle of the shell , where the battery switch is located under the east to remove lid, got is just as it started to come out of his hand

Looks great Jon and keeping both structures in the same area gives unity to the memory. :sunglasses:

I agree with Hollywood, nice placement.

Great job on the restoration!

BTW love the colors …looks like CVRR colors to me

Thanks Roo -

It was all paint I had on hand. We repainted our house last summer. The two greys are the colors used on the siding and the yellow was used for the porch ceiling. The red is is an old can of Rustoleum primer and the black is craft acrylic.

Posting this pic for the porch ceiling color, but noticed that it’s a good “before” shot of the mill and tank…

Jon;
Thank you again for more motivation.
I rather think tat the water tank, is a Pola model not Piko.
Piko has one, but is smaller and resembles a much smaller, older water tank.
With your motivation, there are several Water tanks appearing on the IPP&W…one that hasn’t seen the light of day for years, bult by a passed away member “Doug Mckenzie” is about to appear in future also his Great Wooden Coaling tower, on “Mike’s Blogs” on the OVGRS web page…
Thank you again Jon…
Fred

You might be right. I have the smaller one on my indoor. This one is stamped on the inside, but I don’t recall the brand and the top is now glued on.

I have an Fn3 spout that Al Pomeroy gave me years ago, but I couldn’t come up with an easy way to attach it, so I fixed the original spout.

Well, according to my web search, it is a Piko 62231 - Water Tower - Durango

Before I painted it, the Durango decal was still visible through Ken’s paint. It’s missing a lot of the original details. I think Ken replaced the missing round bands with polystyrene strip. Easier and cheaper then bending brass rod and to anyone not real familiar with tank banding, it is plausible.

EDITED 2/13/24 to fix broken picture.

Jon,

Totally stealing the color scheme with some additions on my end and thanks for the inspiration . Got a museum tour coming up at the end of July and it always seems you are never ready. The water tower that I didn’t want or need and somehow inherited (thanks again Dave M) looks pretty darn good where it resides even if there wasn’t one at Washington St.
OMHONIONBREATHABCLMNOPBALLS
Slowly becoming a FOG
:grin:

You are welcome to it :laughing: Would you like the Benjamin Moore color numbers/names? You can get most of them in half-pint sample cans from a BM dealer.

Does yours have round banding, or did he put the styrene strips on this one too?

I’m going to add the gauge. It covers the big ugly seam near the spout.

This is all your fault Jon !

1 Like

Looking good. You broke yours down much further than I did. That’s why I spray painted the beams