Large Scale Central

Judging the 2011 build challenge - time for you to choose

1. Shawns - Best use of a bottle cap
    2.Ralphs - Most original
    3.Geoffs - best of show
  2. Miks - best use of materials

first off great job by everyone and thank you Mik for doing it.

1. Most Original - Ralph
  2. best use of material - All of them. The rules said you could only spend 10 (later upped) on supplies. So we all had to use what we had on hand or could come up with.
    Bob used something new for the first time, I had never used yard signs before. We all looked at what we had and did our best. I realy cant pick
    one person.
  3. Most interesting build log - Bob, Krom and Mik. You three did a great job and followed the rules and resurch on your build.
  4. best of show - Shawn. The little add ons really make it for the pictures. Maybe we should have follow up oictures this summer once we can all get them out on the railroad.

Again thanks Mik and great job everyone.

Bump! voting ends tonight… any last minute ones?

Almost forgot to vote!

1. Most Original - Ralph
  2. Best Use of Materials – Shawn -
  3. Most Interesting Build Log - Mik
  4. Best of Show - Shawn

Sooooooooo,
Looking through some of LSC more recent posts, and in reference to my 2024 Mik Entry, I was in IKEA today with “herself”, and stumbled across this…

…a bamboo cutting board. And I thought I’ll go home and search through and see what the LSC gurus have said about bamboo….

…and ended here in a Mik Challenge, no less.
…oops and on edit got off the topic, but will return to it below…

Here’s what I learned so far from the Gurus…

1. We HATE BAMBOO if it is growing in our garden railway.
  2. We LOVE BAMBOO if it in the shape a skewer and can be used in numerous projects. We especially like it if the bamboo had some kebab on it before hand but are willing to use new in box skewers.
  3. We think BAMBOO can be used for ties (sleepers) and @Louis_Sommers was going to give it a go in 2014 and maybe throw them in the dishwasher, but the historical records don’t answer the question.
  4. We noted @smokey Eddie used BAMBOO silverware on his roof, but I think it was for gingerbread… (and I kinda like that idea.) Clearly it was a hit with the LSC.
  5. Looking up BAMBOO can give lead you to a Mik challenge will invariably lead you off topic as I want to see @cabby Ralphs entry too.

Does anyone have the photos of this challenge? (Phew, almost got off topic!)