Large Scale Central

G scale couplers

Ron Hill said:

Speaking of couplers, I need to know what USA coupler I can use to mount on the screw under an E-8 that is long enough to couple up to the USA passenger cars. Would a wide vision caboose coupler work?

Ron,

Unless I am reading this incorrectly. My understanding is all USA couplers are the same length however I’m no expert.

Regardless of length, the E8 is an AristoCraft loco in 1:29, the USAT coaches are 1:32 if I am not mistaken.

USA Trains passenger car coaches are 1/29 scale:

USA Trains
"ULTIMATE SERIES "AS REAL AS IT GETS
Corrugated Aluminum Passenger Cars
“SPECIAL FEATURES … 1:29 scale length …”

-Ted

ULTIMATE SERIES “AS REAL AS IT GETS”
SD70 MAC Diesel Locomotive

SPECIAL FEATURES

1:29 Scale model
Dual powered 6 wheel motor trucks
Fan driven diesel exhaust
Alternating ditch lights at slow speeds

50 Ft. Steel Box Cars

SPECIAL FEATURES

1:29 Scale Model
Three Style of Operating Doors
(A) Single Steel Door
(B) Double Steel Door

As posted by Ted:

"ULTIMATE SERIES "AS REAL AS IT GETS
Corrugated Aluminum Passenger Cars
“SPECIAL FEATURES … 1:29 scale length …”

-Ted

Not to argue or get into a pissing match But note the high lighted words on the three Ultimate Series pieces. This seems to imply that the only thing 1/29th scale is the length on the Corrugated Aluminum Passenger Cars. I found no place on the page that inferred the whole model is 1/29th scale only it’s length.

To double check I also checked :

Heavyweight Passenger Cars

SPECIAL FEATURES

1:29 scale - length 33.5" approx. - height 5.75" approx. Minimum Track Diameter 8’
LED interior lighting that stays lit after the train stops

There must be a reason Charlie used the specific wording IMHO YMMV

Bob Cope said:

Regardless of length, the E8 is an AristoCraft loco in 1:29, the USAT coaches are 1:32 if I am not mistaken.

“I personally” think you are quite mistaken however I am no expert.

Just my tuppence

Ro 2010 is pretty much standard. Here I thought Google was pretty much standard from the experts these days. What ever happened to the real cowboys ?

Rooster said:

…What ever happened to the real cowboys ?

they went to south america

Korm Kormsen said:

Rooster said:

Which part ?

USA Trains website says that the extruded aluminum passengers cars are 1:29 scale as is the E-8 locomotives. You cannot rework the coupler on the passenger cars as best as I can tell because of the spring mechanism on the couplers. The easiest thing to do is to change out the locomotive coupler to a USA one. I will order an extended vision caboose coupler. I have changed out the couplers on all my freight cars and the caboose coupler is 1" longer that the freight cars. About 4 1/2". I have a while before I can run them so I will start working on the project. Thanks.

Rooster said:

Korm Kormsen said:

Rooster said:

Which part ?

to answer that, i’ll have to look out of the window…