Large Scale Central

Follwing the Unitah RR

Ric Golding said:

Randy,

I’ve been interested in the EBT for about the last 20 years. To many of the EBT fans, that’s a pretty short time. It has been a great experience. The M-1 is my personal infatuation and we have rode it every chance we’ve had. Very cool. The best was the year the bulkhead was out and you could watch the mechanical operation. Great fun!

Ric,

So how come you are not on my EBT M-1 project list? http://www.ebt-in-fn3.info/home/m-1-railcar

Did you see the slideshow of our M-1 fan trip - we rented it for the day.

The Fn3 model we want is getting closer. We have a volunteer who makes PRR electrics in 1/32nd with lots and lots of rivets. He punches them on a CNC mill from the drawings - accurate and easy to do. He is working on a hemispherical punch (I think) and will produce side sheets in thin styrene. We already have a thick styrene body shell prototype.

On the subject of the steel tires . . They have all been moved, as the wall was getting seriously bowed.

Pete Thornton said:

Ric Golding said:

Randy,

I’ve been interested in the EBT for about the last 20 years. To many of the EBT fans, that’s a pretty short time. It has been a great experience. The M-1 is my personal infatuation and we have rode it every chance we’ve had. Very cool. The best was the year the bulkhead was out and you could watch the mechanical operation. Great fun!

Ric,

So how come you are not on my EBT M-1 project list? http://www.ebt-in-fn3.info/home/m-1-railcar

Did you see the slideshow of our M-1 fan trip - we rented it for the day.

The Fn3 model we want is getting closer. We have a volunteer who makes PRR electrics in 1/32nd with lots and lots of rivets. He punches them on a CNC mill from the drawings - accurate and easy to do. He is working on a hemispherical punch (I think) and will produce side sheets in thin styrene. We already have a thick styrene body shell prototype.

On the subject of the steel tires . . They have all been moved, as the wall was getting seriously bowed.

I’d like to be in on the M1 project, too.

Pete, do you have an idea as to how much that model would cost? I know, I am not asking for a firm price. But if its within my budget I would like one too.

Living in Sandy utah ,i am planning on following the Uintah RR in the middle of may in my FJ cruiser ,3 seats are still available! Lets plan ahead !

Manfred

Funny you are taking an FJ Cruiser. Many of the Full size Jeeps get together in Ouray Co. to climb up and down the rocky trails. It’s the annual Jeeping Mecca for them. About 150 of them or so. Apparently (I’ve not gone) there is also a large (10 x the size) group group of FJ Cruiser’s that modify their for off road and always seem to converge in Ouray the same week. There was a thread last year about it titled “They are coming” but it’s easy to see from the thread there is a mutual respect.

Sounds like a great trip. Wish I were closer. Have Fun!

If you guys are planning on coming to Grand Junction to drive the Unitah route stop by the Cross Orchards Living Museum. There are box cars, caboose and stock cars from the Unitah. Plus history of the route and artifacts. I am volunteer out there and have driven the route quite a few times when the road is DRY.

Had you in my mind,Ron

Ron Senek said:

If you guys are planning on coming to Grand Junction to drive the Unitah route stop by the Cross Orchards Living Museum. There are box cars, caboose and stock cars from the Unitah. Plus history of the route and artifacts. I am volunteer out there and have driven the route quite a few times when the road is DRY.

Really! ROAD TRIP!

Middle of May? Hmmm… I think my Pathfinder and I might need a road trip.

I drove the Uintah ROW 20 or so years ago right after I graduated college–in an Oldsmobile Achieva! (Yeah, we didn’t tell the rental company about that excursion.) It’s all open range, so be patient with the locals. They don’t moooooo-ve too quickly. Really cool drive! Ron, if I do get out there this Summer, I’ll drop you a note.

I just got back from a trip out to Cortez, CO, traveling many of the back roads through abandoned narrow gauge country. This time, I was smart and brought my copy of “Tracking Ghost Railroads in Colorado” along with me so I could keep my eyes open for signs of the abandoned rights of way. They’re all over the place! Unfortunately, we were on a tight schedule in terms of getting to where we were going, so I didn’t have time to stop and explore. One of these days, I’ll get out there when I’m not on the company nickel.

Later,

K

Road trip? If we could get this a little organized, A leader or something sudo close. I’d get there…

This is what they show on tripadviser

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33450-d103594-Reviews-Cross_Orchards_Historic_Site-Grand_Junction_Colorado.html

Ron