Large Scale Central

Finally making the jump to Kadee couplers

So, next question is who is the best source for Kadees. Kadee direct, or someplace like Trainworld?

The cheapest place is kadeecoupler.com, but I won’t buy from them, owned by Jon Dekeles…

I buy from RLD Hobbies or Kidman…

Greg

You won’t be sorry going to Kadee body mounted couplers. I’ve been converting my assortment of incompatible couplers one car end at a time for several years. I use the Kadee height gauge, but I put two pairs of two washers under the coupler to raise the couplers a little because I like the look.

No one said it, but my main reason for using the gauge is that with all the different scales in Large Scale, and the different sizes of wheels, the gauge will provide a consistent height above top of rail.

I put together a tutorial on installing Kadees on Large Scale equipment on the Sacramento Valley Garden Railway Society web page . “” OK, why won’t the web address print? --http://svgrs.org–

It might prove helpful, but it sounds like this is not your first coupler rodeo!

Greg, at the risk of sounding un-informed, who is Jon whatever?

Mickey, Jon owned Large Scale Online. Before I joined that group, there was some kind of dust up that caused a lot of hurt feelings. LSOL is gone now, and some of us LSOL orphans have landed here.

Thanks for explaining it.