Large Scale Central

Eric's tin can for 21

Good job. Your woodworking and machining skills are making a fine appearance on this one!

I was pulling for you to save the number 93 on the can…oh well, too late.

What a cool little car you made there. It sort of reminds me of one from an old amusement park ride. Nice job.

I think your guys deserve a canopy on that car to keep the hot sun from their hard working sweaty heads. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

Well we have some seats…now for some butts to put in 'em

I like playing with sculpi clay almost as much as tin…starting with the head

bulk up the body with tin foil…

then add some clothing…

maybe some arms and legs and sculpt in the jacket a little…

mittens and a mask 'cause winter and Covid…

maybe a dab of paint to bring out the details…

and perhaps a partner in crime to keep each other entertained…

no need for mittens and a mask on a tin man! Tin can man?

Bernie!

Eric i see a similarity and drastic difference to our people making. I too use foil and sculpy. But thats where the similarities end. Where I have zero talent yours turn out great. But . . . Moose. . . I miss moose

I had a good morning to work…maybe I’m done…?..?..

I added a roof and steps. I had some aluminum plate which I sawed into strips on my band saw. they are not perfect strips but are in character with the car. I used 4 for posts to support the roof. they have a little bend near the middle to clear the bead on the car body then a sharp right angle bend at the top for the roof. I drilled 3/32" holes for bolts at the bottom to mount them to the gas can car body. they are 2-56 machine screws. I threaded the holes in the car body for the screws. I drilled and tapped the top for another 2-56 for the roof. the roof is a pineapple can. the inside was galvanized…I guess pineapples are corrosive! i wanted the galvanizing to show so the can is inside out…it is also side ways. I removed the ends, flattened it and folded the edges back as a “hem” then bent it into a swoopy roof shape. the ridges from around the can run the length of the roof. I sprayed the inside with rustoleum as it was just plain tin and might rust.

I also made steps, Joe thought it was too hard to climb up into the car without. more of the aluminum strips and some bolts.

I took it outside to take the guys for a spin…

a little video presentation…

Impeccable work as always. Now you can help those of us who aren’t done yet!

Looks great Eric. But noose? If moose doesn’t make an appearance i can’t get too I to it lol.

You “moose-d” have had a great time making that video!

Moose made it. That is great Eric. Very cool

Yes Eric, a good time was had by all…but Bernie was wearing my mittins, i had to hold my hands up in front of the fire for a good while afterwards to warm them up!

Anyone catch any other Mik’s challenge projects making cameos in the video? Hint Marion was inside by the fire reading and didnt make the final cut.

Really nice job, and great video!

Very nice! The moose’ head movement was a nice addition to the old build challenge. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Well done! Your parents moose be proud of you!

That’s fantastic Eric, made me chuckle!

Good stuff. I’m glad you put a canopy on the car to keep the sun and weather off your workers and Bernie’s dome.

Eric Schade said:

…Hint Marion was inside by the fire reading and didnt make the final cut.

You can’t slip Marian the Librarian by me… I have a too good Challenge memory!

The build is perfect. If you didn’t know, you would never know you started with a can.

Great, now we are all going to have to make videos of our entry! Thanks Eric, I have a hard time making a picture stick on here, making a video will kill my brain cells… the few I have left anyway! Nice video and I wasn’t around when the moose was made , so this is the first time seeing it, that is awesome!!

Bonus points for the mittens

I have had other projects this past week and am now off for a ski weekend, but i did have so much fun with Bernie’ charriot that i have kept fiddling with tin. I made another chassis for Joe who was a bit preturbed about the loss of “his” charriot. I also cobbled together an ice fishing shanty which will keep the snow off his head while riding his new buggy… i havent got many photos. Construction was basically the same as “Bernie’s charriot” except for the wooden shanty. I’ll try to take and post some photos when i get back.