Large Scale Central

Elevated track

Jerry Bowers said:
What service and speeds are the rest of the world using / getting?
45.2 Kbps. Dialup. $89.00 per year. About once a month it speeds up to 46.6.

Rich,

In the attached video, about half way through, you can get a good view of what your asking about.
The long horseshoe curves were added as a running track to have a continuous loop for open house,
train club meetings, etc. It also doesn’t have any ill effects for the P to P operation.

Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Br7QM8pFs

Thanks Marty. A great video and layout. I like the loop alot. I think I will do mine in a twisted dog bone in order to take advantage of a few trees and allow the train to “disappear” behind them for a stretch. It will add a few more feet to the layout, but make the train perhaps more integrated into the environment. I can see a BIG project coming this spring when the snow melts. Fun.

Rich
I built my second layout of the POOL RR using the elevated style of Richard’s Port Orford Coast RR. It is a 40 ft by 17 ft oval. The CFO likes to see trains go round and round. The first layout was ground level. I developed mobility issues and couldn’t use it or keep the vegetation from covering the track. I did discover that LGB plastic bridges don’t stand up to weed eaters. I tried to do it on the cheap and used 2 X 4s. As I rebuild it each new section will have 2 X 6s. I just need some good weather on the weekends to do it.
Operations are possible because of the 3 sidings and 2 passing tracks. While it is wired, most operations are battery r/c. My wife has 4 eggliners and some other ecletic motive power. She also has a Bachmann 2-8-0 she got at the Las Vegas Convention. It ran once; got hung up on her Aristocraft covered bridge. and has been on a bookcase ever since.

Roger

How about some pictures there Roger, we all love pictures.

HELP I have forgotten how to post photos.

Roger

Roger Houser said:

Roger

Roger, below the reply area there is a link for My Files, first you have to load your photos there, and then you can include them into your post. Not a very good explanation, but it might get you started!

Roger Houser said:

Roger

Roger,
If you’re using Windows: http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=96
Depending on what version of Windows and what Web bowser you use, things might look a little different.
Ralph

Thanks Ralph, I bookmarked that link myself!

Roger, Thanks for the comments. I know about the LGB bridges and weed wackers. They don’t interact well. I will retain a wired track system. I’ve never really had problems with a wired system and I’ve too much invested in Bridgewerks power supplies not to continue their use. I’m looking forward to elevating the layout, and re-thinking structures and scenery design. Trying to attain Roger’s modeling skills will be a challenge. Wish he was a neighbor. Have a good weekend.

High this is Russ from Sun Valley,Ca Look for Russell Rutaljs Elelvated Railroad Blog , on the other site, July 10, 2011 under Tracks, Trestles, Bridges, and Road Beds. Hope you can use something that will help.