Large Scale Central

Doc's Denver South Park & Pacific Cooke Mogul Build

What Jim said. Wow. (And Wow again to make 20 characters.)

1 Like

Doc, this is just so jaw dropping, now I need to find a mop…

Thank you SO much for stepping us through how you did it. For me, that makes the final shots all the more amazing, having those glimpses on what went into it.

The woodwork, piping, rivets (including the prototypically not-quite-in-line ones), finishes, working bits, custom brass, etc…

And yay, a chop saw in the living room!

Congratulations again, this has been a great build log.

And now, about your other award-winner…?

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin: :smiley:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate those comments coming from other great modelers.

It’s coming soon Cliff.

I love how you hid the ditch lites and HEP cabling !

As always a deserved congratulations!!!

Ditch lights are under the hood. I just forgot to lift it for the photo shoot.

Thanks Rooster

Absolutely beautiful locomotive Doc. Great craftsmanship.

For those not aware of it that First place at the NNGC is a really prestigious award, and well worth bragging about. Well deserved Doc.

1 Like

Doc,
Running out of superlatives to praise your work, here! That’s the downside in being among the last time zones!

Eric

1 Like

Thanks Eric and Ric. I really appreciate it.

Just incredible work

1 Like

Doc not much else can be said on your craftsmanship or the attention to detail you incorporate in your builds. I stare in wonder at your level of achievement on your builds and marvel at the pictures shown to share this ability with others. Definitely a deserving award winner.
I do need to ask if you lubricate all points by removing the oil caps to fill their reservoirs?
Excellent and a pleasure watching it go together

Craftsmanship second to none, but does it run? Is it meant to, or is it a static model?

Thanks Devon, David and Joe. It’s always a good feeling to receive compliments from fine modelers like yourselves. Yes Joe, it’s a pretty good runner considering it’s a Bachmann chassis. Not sure what it’s pulling power is yet but I don’t intend to run more than two or three cars at a time since my DSP&P rolling stock is limited for now.

1 Like