Large Scale Central

Build log for Red Baron Railroad

David Maynard said:
Sean, you are wondering? What is there to wonder about? Of course he will. Devon is still trying to build a box.

So he doesn’t think outside of the BOX!

Nicolas,

Very good starting track plan. Lots of opportunity for future industrial track. I live in Gig Harbor and have a large layout with mostly USA and Aristo. You are welcome to come down and run some trains anytime you want.

Sean McGillicuddy said:

David Maynard said:
Sean, you are wondering? What is there to wonder about? Of course he will. Devon is still trying to build a box.

No, the problem is he thinks outside the box way too much. That is why he chases 15 different ideas when he should be concentrating on building a railroad.

David Maynard said:

Sean McGillicuddy said:

David Maynard said:

No, the problem is he thinks outside the box way too much. That is why he chases 15 different ideas when he should be concentrating on building a railroad.

Yes …Yes …Yes

I couldn’t agree anymore!

Steve sent you the contact info.

KIRKLAND, not Kent…and this Friday we run, official 1400-2000 local.

But usually setting up by noon.

Other than a bit of track power in the shed for testing, no other track power or wiring exists. But we have plenty of “proper” locomotives ready to go that work in the rainy Seattle area.

Nicolas, PM sent.

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

Steve sent you the contact info.

KIRKLAND, not Kent…and this Friday we run, official 1400-2000 local.

But usually setting up by noon.

Other than a bit of track power in the shed for testing, no other track power or wiring exists. But we have plenty of “proper” locomotives ready to go that work in the rainy Seattle area.

He sent me the info. I plan to come out, though I will probably not bring my trains. They are track power, and I mostly want to meet some locals and see an actual layout in person. I haven’t seen one in person since…a child (and that one was bigger then G-Scale I believe).

Yeah, well, we’re just a small railroad, but interesting.

Wayfreight ops with waybills.

Bring yer camera, too.

Call me for directions/address.

Leave a message so I know who to call back if I miss the call.

TOC

Excellent!

As you or your guests stand on your patio, you have three different layouts to look at considering it spans over 180 degrees of vision: Translation: It can not be entirely seen in one glance. but will take three head movements. This means there are options for three different effects in which any one of them will hold attention.

I learned the hard way. Our initial layout in the garden was viewed entirely with one look from our patio - no head movement to see it all. Now, a large dog-bone shape with elevation to the third portion angling down the yard as yours does captures attention . Some visitors favor one section more than another. The climbing loco chugging up the long trestle entering the far circle of the dog-bone is a favorite.

Good luck. Keep the rest of us posted.

Wendell

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

Bring yer camera, too.

TOC

Small, my a$$. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

Bring yer camera, too.

TOC

I agree “This” is how we introduce the younger generation!

YES please “Bring the camera” and post some pics of the “Operations” while we all learn.

Once again welcome to LSC it’s a great place to hang !

this post has been edited by : Rooster

Hi, Nicolas…You made a great choice with UAS Trains. They make a great product. My experience has been that they are well made, reliable, nicely detailed and they have a nice selection of equipment. They have been around for a good while and hopefully will remain so in this crazy niche economy. Welcome!

ahhh! My mistake! I was talking about USA Trains. I never heard of UAS Trains

UAS Trains, is that another Chinese-ism? Like the fuel tank on my USA F3 has a Chinese-ism on it. It says “USA rains”.

I went to visit Dave over the weekend. Learned a lot from both him, his brothers and the others who were running trains. Gave me a lot to think about as to what will and will not work/be easy for me when I build mine.

There’s a lot to learn when you visit! People say things that they will never post, plus you get to SEE how things really work. Glad that worked out for you.

I learn 35 new things every time I visit Dave’s CCRY. I’m glad that you got a chance to visit. Now, go back and become a regular. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Steve Featherkile said:

I learn 35 new things every time I visit Dave’s CCRY. I’m glad that you got a chance to visit. Now, go back and become a regular. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I’ve emailed and talked on the phone with Dave since 1996. I’ve never had the chance to meet him or his brothers in person, but he has shared a wealth of knowledge and has been a great mentor in this part of the model railroading hobby. Its still on my bucket list to get out there and meet him and a couple of the other northwest guys.

If you want ties with no gaps where rails join, look at the Trainli line where the ties are evenly spaced even at their switches.

Nicolas Teeuwen said:

I went to visit Dave over the weekend. Learned a lot from both him, his brothers and the others who were running trains. Gave me a lot to think about as to what will and will not work/be easy for me when I build mine.

It was suggested that you take a camera. Did you? We want pics!