Large Scale Central

BNSF Double Track Project

Yeah I knew leaving Sandpoint headed east there was. I know the push at least as far as my area of the world was concerned was Sandpoint to Spokane.

Pete thanks for the pictures. The last one you posted is the existing bridge right next to where they are doing the new bridge.

Well after reading through this and considering Warren Buffet owns the railroad and probably the land. Iā€™m convinced that the cause of the hang up is from the western bald headed mosquito or the bow legged deep throated sparrow once the EPA discovered BNSF invaded their territory!

Yeah the article says during busy times up to 60trains a day use the up til now single track bridge, and with more traffic from BNSF, UP, and POVA, so and I if I understand it , itā€™s a 25mph restricted speed , so you can see if it takes someone a while to cross things really need to move 2.5 trains an hour to keep things moving , which while mathematically works trains rarely move with that much precision as shown in this picture where 2 are sitting waiting on UP

Might as well show the flawed map, Devonā€™s house is not marked but it is close to Huetter. Devonā€™s feelings we slightly injured that his trackage isnā€™t shown !

For anyone that might actually care I do live on that map. Between grand junction and Huetter. Which is sorta funny to me because neither grand jct or Huetter are really towns or even locations but Post Falls has about 30,000 residents. Grand junction does have an interesting history. At least into the 70s UP and NP/BN/BNSF and Milwaukee road all crossed each other there. One depot served all three.

1 Like

Devonā€™s Dad loves up close between Sandpoint Jct and Boyerā€¦

This is where I grew to love trains at my great uncleā€™s place just RR W of Boyer. About every 20-30 minutes a train rolls by. Just past his driveway was a EB intermediate signal, and look west and you could see the next intermediate signal. Just a tad further E was a track defect detector where I learned to listen to the RR scanner.

Worse case if I was in the house, Iā€™d hear them blow for either public crossing and run up the driveway. Iā€™ve got some old pictures of my kids doing the same thing I did!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my two kids and nephew in 2019 right before my great uncle sold his place (his stash of plastic continues to contribute to my modeling including this years MIK).

A month later my Dad and I flew in for the last time at Olmstead Sky Ranch and I got one last opportunity to return to my childhood. At one point between my grandparents and great uncles they owned pretty much every lot between the RR tracks and the highway and a few huge parcels on the other side.

2 Likes