Large Scale Central

Beating the COVID Boredom -- Island Mixed Plate

Looks good

uh…what?

‘the girls donated a chain to the cane car project, so that is still stalled’

something is missing from that sentence…

and by the way, kids rooms are supposed to resemble archaeological sites. You really should know this by now. :slight_smile:

Tim said:

uh…what?

‘the girls donated a chain to the cane car project, so that is still stalled’

something is missing from that sentence…

That should’ve read "…of all the cheap jewerlry they unearthed, they donated a single chain…’ And, yes, with regards to their room, I should know better…

Update:

I am not sure my modified work schedule will last much longer, so it is time to draw together some loose ends here. Of my outstanding projects;

1. Coach Lighting. Proof of concept done. Thanks to Bill for the “way ahead.” I’ll crank out a few more as we go. Flux. It is a wonderful thing… Thanks to David Maynard and a handful of others for that tip!
  2. Fix Christmas Thomas. Done… Sort of… The shim I installed to hold the motor in place in this is a battery powered LGB m2075 has since broken loose. “He” gets a real power train next year when we commence the Grand Rehabilitation of the Missile Sponges.
  3. Fiddle with the track. Done, courtesy of OD.
  4. Fiddle with the landscaping. Done, courtesy of OD.
  5. Fix Glitchy Gustav. In progress. I shipped the chassis to TainLi after a final valiant push. The fault, at least, is isolated to wear and tear. Final results to be posted on that thread (LGB 0-6-2T: BadMotor, Bad Gears, Both, or Something Else?).
  6. Help Oldest Son restore Charlie the Railtruck to service. In progress. We’ve got this isolated to a loose wire, we think. Tinkering to continue! Thanks again, Pete! We’ll finish out that project here on this thread unless this, too descends into another “Lost Cause” epic.
  7. Make cardboard mock-ups for the M&K Sugar Mill. Done, with an assist from Younger Daughter. I am going to open a new to-be-started thread on this project.
  8. Assist, as required, OD on her shorty restoration. In progress. She is really creating something special here, I promise. I am anxious to place this in revenue service (maybe more than she!). I’ll let her show off a bit on her existing thread (Ke Ka’a Piki (the Shortened Coach) – Passing the Baton) . Thanks Rooster for this opportunity!
  9. Finish the cane cars. A few scale “timbers” and a few cheap chains away from finishing. I’ll close out the project on the original thread (Have Locomotive, Need Cane Cars).

Along the way we did some minor repairs to existing buildings, leveled the roadbed here and there, trimmed the plants, planted some things, etc. CINCHOUSE and I also worked this “Beating the COVID Boredom Plan” into ad hoc “STEM” homeschooling, which was welcomed. Nothing epic on this list, but, for my own sake, I wanted to tie a few loose ends together here, take stock, and prepare for a return to relative normal!

Eric

Magic incantations complete… Charlie the Railtruck returned to service today. Oldest Son and I gave the wiring a final “once over,” and, at his suggestion, we put Charlie on the track and popped our camera in “his” cargo bed:

Video

You made a little boy very, very happy Pete! Thanks!

And with that, I can close this thread and finish the outstanding the other items in their own respective build / repair logs!

Eric

You made a little boy very, very happy Pete!

Eric sent me the video of OS holding his Railtruck and exclaiming in delight, which was all the thanks I needed. I even went out and bought another dead truck for myself!

very nice run OS. Well done Pete(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

David Marconi,FOGCH said:

very nice run OS.

I’ll pass that along to him!