Large Scale Central

Battle of Britain Flypast

Ross Mansell said:

David Maynard said:

If a roll is properly executed, it is a 1G maneuver. Meaning if its done right, the aircraft doesn’t even know its upside down. The original dash 80 (707) was barrel rolled over a regatta crowd, twice.

Bit of a difference between a jet engine and petrol! The Merline engine did not like oil stavation at all…

Yes, but as I said, if the maneuver is done properly, then the airplane doesn’t even know its upside down. If done improperly, then the airplane knows its upside down and the fuel and oil are no longer where they should be in their respective containment vessels. It takes a skilled pilot to keep +1G loading on an aircraft in a roll.

Alan Lott said:

Hi Boomer,

My wife and I must be some of the last people on the planet that do not have a smart phone nor do we do Facebook. I did try F/bk but found it irritating.

Just for clarity. My almost 6 year old Grandson is the Alan in the story. I don’t do smart phones either but I am not telling him that. In ten years he will think he knows everything. For now he must fear his grandfather’s infinite knowledge. MWAHAHHAHAA!!!

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)