Large Scale Central

Another Winter Vacation

Awesome trip, and great pics!

1 Like

I stand correctedā€¦I was basing my information on the words and conversations I had with CN, and Via, head end crews, in Jasper when I was there.
There are local trains on CN that are based out of Jasper, serving local industries, and they do ORIGINATE, and TERMINATE in Jasper. But it is a major DIVISION point, on CN. A TERMINAL is where trains terminate their runs.
I was not meaning in any way to insult or be critical of anyone, so please refrain from being overly critical of me.
Had I had in my hands, a copy of the Employeesā€™ publication, at the time of my posting; I more than likely would have corrected myself.
All I was innocently trying to do, was share a little bit of my wonderful memories of a short stay in Jasperā€¦a wonderful town, with very friendly CN employees, and residents.
I may have even met Shane, if he was working there when I visitedā€¦but I think it was before his timeā€¦Iā€™m over 80, and dates are not my greatest subjectā€¦!!
FJM
Oh yesā€¦Jasper does also act as a Origination, and Terminal for the CN, and ViaRail trains over the line to Prince Rupert B.Cā€¦I did forget that at the timeā€¦
Your message helped me to suddenly remember that lineā€¦ I should also remember the name of that Subdivision, and the other two Subdivisions meeting at Jasperā€¦Iā€™ll have to look that upā€¦
Thank youā€¦
ā€¦Oh, now I remember. Edmonton to Jasper is the Edson Sub, and Albreda Sub is the one West out of Jasper, and Jasper is listed as a Division Point, where the two subs meet.
ā€¦and I checked to make sure that is correct. Nothing :Backfired here, after allā€¦!!! Have a nice day. And say hello to Shane for meā€¦I probably owe him a beer or twoā€¦!!

This picture scares the hell out of me (excluding the wife) !

Is the foil under the lid and is your LID leaded ?

1 Like

Super amazing shots Devon, thanks.

1 Like

She scares the hell out of me!!! No actually she is my best friend. She is always pretty game to go on most of my crazy adventures.

This was probably my favorite part of the canyon. They call it the Yin and Yang because of its shape. And she suggested a selfie from this perspective so you can really capture how deep and narrow this slot canyon is.

Spectacular photos, Devon. Looks like you and mama had a great time.

1 Like