Large Scale Central

All Aristo-craft except as noted.

Daktah John said:

Good catch Lou. Just remember we all know what you paid for it, so no fair just dusting it off and doubling your money (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Why not? He deserves to recoup his time and effort.

I could become a regular railroad maggot!

David Maynard said:

Daktah John said:

Good catch Lou. Just remember we all know what you paid for it, so no fair just dusting it off and doubling your money (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Why not? He deserves to recoup his time and effort.

Lou knows I’m just ribbing him. He’s can ask whatever anyone is willing to pay.

Lou Luczu said:

I grabbed it while the gittin’ was good! Hope to pick it up soon so I can bring some stuff to sell share at York.

You are gonna have to wait another day or so till you receive the threats that were mailed to you Lou as the post office was closed today!

The switcher IF Aristo’ is likely the critter ! Or maybe the MDC little 'un. imho.

I was surprised to hear only a couple wanted the lot for $150. If it had been in my bkyard !! Also I was thinking if that imagination’ outfit had a bit of budget it would have been a good bulk purchase for them !?

doug c

Doug, if I needed anything I would jump at a deal like that. But, I have stuff piled on stuff in front of stuff piled on stuff. I don’t need no more stuff.

Yeah, but whoever dies with the most stuff wins!

Lou Luczu said:

Herb was surprised at how quick it all went. And he Thanks you, Lou!

As for the switcher, I just copied the email. I figgered anybody was curious they could ask.

You guys crack me up.

Lou Luczu said:

Will it to me when you’re gone Lou since you won’t need it then. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Dave Marconi said:

Lou Luczu said:

Will it to me when you’re gone Lou since you won’t need it then. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Please don’t Lou as Mr Marconi is already a train “whore” hoarder and that will leave me,Shawn,Terry,Kevin and Nico with more stuff to deal with when he is deceased! He probably already has a couple tractor trailer loads packed into that house as is!

Sorry, guys, but I’m takin’ it with me!

He don’t want it Lou

Lou Luczu said:

He who dies with the most stuff is dead.

Its not about having the most stuff, its about enjoying what you have.

OK, so the “Dumb looking 4 wheel diesel switcher” is a PRR Lil Critter with the railings missing. I may keep that unless someone makes me an offer I can’t refuse.

There was a lot of LGB track that I will be listing for sale when I get everything together that I want to sell at York. Including 3 turnouts and a 90 degree crossing.

If anyone is interested there is a Southern Pacific 4-6-2 coal tender that needs some repair. One of the axles on the tender broke in half, have the broken parts. The bell is missing. One hinge for the boiler front is broken. It has plastic side rods. The tender has a speaker and what looks like the same sound system that is in the 0-4-0 sloped tender, that is a rotating cam that moves something that makes the noise. The paint is still pretty good, just needs a little work.

Somebody NEEDS this.

Lou,

PM sent.

Dennis

Lou Luczu said:

If anyone is interested there is a Southern Pacific 4-6-2 coal tender that needs some repair. One of the axles on the tender broke in half, have the broken parts. The bell is missing. One hinge for the boiler front is broken. It has plastic side rods. The tender has a speaker and what looks like the same sound system that is in the 0-4-0 sloped tender, that is a rotating cam that moves something that makes the noise. The paint is still pretty good, just needs a little work.

Somebody NEEDS this.

Plastic side rods and broken tender wheels indicate that this is a first generation Pacific. The plastic tubes that hold the axle halves together on the tender and pilot truck disintegrate over time. These locomotives are about 20 years old. I replace the tender wheels with blackened freight car wheels I bought at the ECLSTS.

Oddly enough the tender wheels look like the wheels on the old motor blocks without the chrome coating. I don’t have any old blocks anymore, so I can’t confirm this.

These locomotives are easy to convert to battery power and sound because a battery, Plug and Play Board, Revolution receiver with steam sounds, and speaker will all fit in the tender.

OOps I missed the 2nd part of the replies.