Large Scale Central

Adding water feature on the RC &TR Ridge RR

Thanks for the suggestions Bruce and Todd. The one thing I’ve learned on this project is that water does not listen to you. I’ve tamed the “wicking” effect enough that it doesn’t affect the area where the rails will be. It’s the back splash that gets things a little wet. I’m hopeful that the completion of rock placement coupled with some plants will help with this. My next challenge is to figure out how to anchor the bridge across the stream…

Richard

To reduce backsplash, our crew has stacked a series of sandbags between the falls and the rails. These are a resin flatcar load that were originally supposed to represent the gilsonite sacks for the Uintah line.

Got some mainline reinstalled and over the new bridge in front of the water feature…lovin’ it!!

Richard

Looking really good Richard! With this heat we’re having I think I would be sitting in the water running trains!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

Steve

Thanks Steve!! Yes, this heatwave is really cramping my style. Spent this morning getting the new drip system installed. The only way I’m surviving is by having my cat get me out of bed early. I also have two large fans outside to direct air to the spot I’m working on. I cave about 2pm for a shower and nap.

Looking great Richard! keep it up, within reason with the heat you are having and by message or e mail please let me know when your first open house is! Thanks, Pete

Richard Mynderup said:

Thanks Steve!! Yes, this heatwave is really cramping my style. Spent this morning getting the new drip system installed. The only way I’m surviving is by having my cat get me out of bed early. I also have two large fans outside to direct air to the spot I’m working on. I cave about 2pm for a shower and nap.

This is what I’ve been using to cope…

My head sweats rivers, streams from my temples, but wearing a towel under my cap keeps my hot head cool!

Compared to this brand, the as seen on tv brand was crap …

I bought 10 and gave some to family…

Nearly caught a head cold breathing cold air in 107F temps! The wringing forces water into the micro weave and it takes 2 hours to dry. I keep 3 wet and they out last me when I’m out.

Bridge looks good, more pics…

Jerry Barnes said:

Be sure to get a UV filter, helps a LOT to keep the water clear.

Great Idea - I’d never thought of that! Of course a marsh would be best, but you gotta just go with what you’ve got…

I went with a marsh. It does a good job, and it attracts the wildlife. Attracting the wildlife is a good and bad thing…