Large Scale Central

Accucraft Fairymead physical size?

IIRR, Eric Schade made a few 7/8ths scale cars to replicate the 2ft Maine NG rolling stock. It was, as I recall HUGE!!! and used real carpentry methods to construct - real masterpieces, in fact. He also made a 7/8th Forney to suit, before Jason took up the challenge.

If you look at this Youtube video at 0:36 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDA46ftlN_0 - and again at 2:38 and 3:26 you will see a Forney - probably Eric’s conversion [?], and one passenger car from the Wiscasset & Quebec roadnames… Note the size by comparison with the Gauge 1/32nd scale locos on the tracks beside them. At 5:12 is, I think, a ‘Fairymead’ and a consist of quarry tubs.

I spoke to the Bowater’s guy at the recent show here in Peterborough UK, who seemed to think that up-scaling the LASER cutter to make 7/8th models was no big deal, and of course, it isn’t. Just be aware that the average SR&RL coach/combine in that scale is about three FEET long. Plus, you’ll need the matching trucks…mucho dinero!

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

For those asking; records show that Mr. Norman Bourgault is rather secretive, and very much a loner. He often starts threads, and asks questions, then retreats into his own little world…this is his privilege, and it should be respected. His last known location was recorded as being in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Fred Mills. said:

For those asking; records show that Mr. Norman Bourgault is rather secretive, and very much a loner. He often starts threads, and asks questions, then retreats into his own little world…this is his privilege, and it should be respected. His last known location was recorded as being in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

o.

I was beginning to enjoy this thread. One of our G1MRA members, Peter Bird, has been building Mexican NG rolling stock in 1/32nd scale to run on 32mm gauge track for a number of years. Not sure what he has done, if anything, about the loco to haul it around. There ARE some oddball characters over here in UK who are playing around with WTH scales. One guy runs ‘Heywood’s Estate gauge’ trains on H0 gauge track - they are 15" gauge replicas of full-size standard gauge locos. Another runs trains based on the similarly 15" gauge Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, again in 1/19th scale for ease of ‘population’.

Over here in the UK we’d be flummoxed from the get-go by the near-total lack of ANYTHING in S-scale. I’m told that there is a small following, but that is mighty small - maybe less than half a dozen [imperial] or five [metric] in the entire UK.

tac, ig, ken the GFT and the Wholesome Full-grain food boys.