Large Scale Central

A Private Hunting Car from an Accucraft Coach

SORRY DOC…Great thread and you know how I feel about your work!

:rooster:

Try our Buzz Splice Beer!
“A bit nutty…”

Oops! No flushing needed. Just a big pipe straight to the tracks. Who needs water.

Great looking work, Doc (as always).

You DO need THIS sign…

Okay Bruce, mail me a copy and I’ll add it to the wall above the toilet. It would be a nice addition.

Hehe…I just did an image search for those words…and got THAT.

Besides, I really don’t know what size you really want! :innocent:

Send me what you have. I can resize it to fit the space. Thanks.

Doc,
You never did say what they were hunting ?

However if we would like to focus on lavatory did Thomas Crapper invent the no flush ?

On longer duration hunting trips, the passengers need some place to sleep. The obvious solution was to install overhead beds similar to the ones used in older Pullman cars. This is one of the two beds installed in the passenger section.

And this is one of the two beds installed in the support/baggage section.

Here are the ones installed in the passenger section.

Moving on to the Baggage/support section. I added a sink and water tank next to the ice chest. One of the two pull-down beds can be seen on the left.

I also added some storage racks and a few sacks, luggage, and crates. Of course you have to have at least one whiskey barrel.

I needed a butcher’s table for obvious reasons. Legs are dollhouse furniture turned posts.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished baggage area.

And here’s the chief butcher, cook, and bottle washer contemplating today’s kill.

PHC-47

To finish, here are a few photos of the exterior of the completed car.

And, last but not least –

PHC-51

7 Likes

Absolutely amazing work! Well done!!!

1 Like

Amazing process and beautiful results. What glue do you use? Do you coat the stain with a clear coat?

Thanks Bruce. When are you going to get back into modeling?

You need to make a Bruce figure and install him in one of the bunks.

1 Like

Rooster, I would hesitate a guess that their primary game would be buffalo in the open plains and maybe an elk or occasional antelope here and there.

Astounding work, Doc. Thanks so much for posting all those pics and your notes.

1 Like

Mickey, For the most part, I use thick CA or Titebond to glue wood parts. I use Minwax stains. I stain my wood strips first, let them dry, then cut them to size and assemble the part. Later I come back a spray on a coat of Krylon clear semigloss, do a light sanding and then apply another coat of clear.
Hope this answers your questions.

Trust me, the hardest part right now if taking care of Jean. (Parkinson’s disease plus 2 broken femurs - one which had to be repaired in October 2021, plus some shoulder issues…)

The modeling of all the interior details is beautiful. The exterior ain’t bad either :open_mouth:

Nice work Doc.

1 Like

I understand. My wife’s suffering from COPD and chronic back pain. Our (my) travels are severely limited these days. I’m slowly tearing up my layout because I’m too old to maintain it properly (bad knees). The only thing left is sitting at my workbench and building models. I wish Jean well.