Large Scale Central

7/8ths "tin turtle" armoured simplex

turtle4
This is as far as I can go until I get my paint. Devon did a really excellent job creating the files. I’m printing the components for the fully enclosed model while I wait. Kudos to Devon.

The good news is that the weather ‘over there’ was a lot more temperate than this side of the pond. The saying in England is “Summer was July 17th this year”; that being the day the temp got above 70 degrees.

Of course, it’s been warming up ever since they invented the simplex. . .

So why are we using the “British” spelling for armor??? :innocent:

they are amoured in it! :grin: :laughing: have you never noticed some peoples spelling before, type it once and let the computer figure out what you acatually mean !!

Sounds too much like amore…(Shouldn’t there be an accent there???) :innocent:

Well I am just the man with the skill. This is all Mike’s vision. Together we are becoming a fine team at producing some nice models. I think your customers will be pleased.

Because it is a British machine. And that is the honest truth. When I Google these things it will come up as armored simplex, but when you type in armoured simplex you get better result.

I spent several hours in the loo thinking about how to put the rivets on those bonnets.

So we have a modeller in the Northwest of the United States helping create an obscure WWI armoured locomotive. Weird. (But a beautiful model!)

And I am designing it for a guy who also lives in the northwest and his main customer base is in Europe. You have to love modern technology. I have a love hate relationship with it, but it has shrunk the world.

And thanks for the compliment. I saw the completed work in person this morning and it is cool to go from pictures to computer to in hand.