Large Scale Central

2023 Summer Running - Post your pictures here

Imgur

Thank you as I respect/appreciate that !

A belated “Mahalo (Thanks!)!” I enjoyed virtually riding along!

We have pictures, and short videos; Just go to:
www.ovgrs.ca, and link to “Mike’s Blogs”…enjoy…
FJM

It can also be found HERE. It’s nice that Mike does this - it’s a LOT of work and it shows.

Photo of my live steam Shay and log train on friend Jim’s layout. Pic taken by Pete T.

Had killer dinner this evening and now I’m …FeeLING A MASSIVE DUMP COMING ON !!!

Less than 2% grade at 75’ trust me.

C-130 on the ceiling?

Ok I did my “Summer Running” around the layout and I took pictures along the way as I ran!

However I didn’t, did not see any trains but it was a good run anyway. Just going for the overall outlook with plenty of photo ops no matter whatever your into…flowers, architecture, bridge ties, AMTRAK …etc?

(Guess you hit the Caps Lock by accident? :rofl:)
Those pics are massive. Most are over 4Kx3K, or 2MB, but LSC is showing them at 640x480. When I first looked, it took a while for them to show, as my internet is not the fastest. Heaven help the guys on dialup.

We were testing the Bachmann 2-6-0 that I just re-wired at the Spa Creek & McKendree [Naptowneng]. Coach on the back is my lengthened Aristo with 2 regular Bachmann J&S. Flatcars are a recent haul that I am now selling. [Anyone want a Trailer Train flat??]

Too let all know where these occurred

Ken was remembered and the garden tour attendees enjoyed the running of trains.

You all may recognize this famous individual. He and his wife stopped by in their incognito clothing.
and I think a few on here have been caught this way.
A great day was had, thank you for the invite Rooster

That’s all I got?

The museum tour went well today ( apparently on facebook already but I don’t do it)

I didn’t take many pics as I was busy.

Shout out to “Hollywood” for his assistance today even if my boy is still upset with you for waking him up in the middle of the night at 9:30am! "Get the f#%^ *&^^%$ BED AS THE TOUR STARTS IN A 1/2 hour!
However the boy staked claims on the rest of the doughnuts you arrived with this morning.
:grinning:

Thanks again Hollywood and apparently there were 70 adult tickets sold ! First time opening up “MY” railroad/home but it goes to a GOOD cause and something that needs to be passed on . ( Pete T…note no caps lock on this post) :laughing:

2 Likes

Ho Lee Crap Hollywood I forgot Santa was here !

ANDY/DAD The boy boy want’s the $20 that that you owe me cause that will feed him for a day !
You and Ken have/had him trained entirely too well.

Son, I’m not sure 20 bucks would even buy his breakfast… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,
Okay, I’ll play. Here are a few from this morning.

A solid string of boxcars heads up the 2% grade north of Mirage:

Southbound at Mosca:

Waiting for a meet at Mosca:

Cheers,
Matt

3 Likes

I still want to hire the folks that paint your backgrounds. Awesome pics as always!

You stole my joke, Jon!

Thanks guys. It’s pretty easy to make your models look good when the backgrounds are so spectacular!

Cheers,
Matt

I fianlly got to repairing the miserable connectors from engine to tender on my fleet of Aristo C-16’s. Thanks Pete T and Mark for the help. Pilot wheels also too tight…but here they are on track power.

It was a beautiful day today in Southern New England. Perfect weather to run a long coal drag up the hill for some pictures. Now that I have some scale coaches, I made this an EBT style mixed train . Unfortunately, I don’t have a combine (yet). Here are a few shots taken this afternoon.

After ‘doubling the wye’, the train was reassembled on the main and backed into Deep Cut to take photos heading into the sun…

Passing Pine Tank…

Indian Hill Junction…

Indian Hill Bridge…

Coal Dump Curve…

And headed home across the trestle…

A very rainy July has kept everything nice and green and I’m maging to hold the weeds at bay.

2 Likes