Large Scale Central

2015 1:29 manufacturers new product wishlist

As opposed to this loco or that car, I’d just like to see them all modify their existing drive units to items that will last under use. Sell them as replacements. We can put them on our currently bad order equipment

That would be a great idea. Maybe some aftermarket company could get off the ground by doing that.

Barry Olsen is already doing that for Bachmann drives. #Barry’s Big Trains.

Steve, yes. But there are Aristo drives out there that need some help. The USA Drives can be fixed with parts from Northwest Shortline.

And I don’t hash tag since I don’t face book.

David, I was just pointing out that someone was already doing what you suggest. It would be nice if someone could take up the slack for Aristo replacement drives.

At least you know what the # means. And it doesn’t work on book face, but on that Tweety bird thingy. :wink:

Steve I know, and many folks have benefited from Barry’s efforts. His efforts are appreciated.

See Steve, I don’t face book, and I am not a Twit. I mean, I don’t tweet.

Back to the wish list. Many folks wish for 1:29 stuff. Some folks wish for 1:20.3 stuff. I wish for 1:24 stuff. But what I was really wishing for was the LGB Olomana. Trainworld was talking pre-orders for it last spring, for an August delivery. It still aint here yet.

In 1:29th scale, I am not sure what I want. Modern rolling stock would be too large for my railroad.