Large Scale Central

Last of the EBT Boxcar kits

I have 13 sets of the EBT boxcar kit acrylic parts, some V1 and V2. $175 + shipping (would be fairly heavy)

Bob -

If available, I will purchase these components.

Mark Layton

Mark Layton said:

Bob -

If available, I will purchase these components.

Mark Layton

Mark - that should be a great project. I assembled a number of these back when and enjoyed the entire process immensely. You’ll end up with a really neat fleet of boxcars.

Bruce, Bob,

I know there is a thread or two on construction of these boxcar. Maybe on JBRR.com as well? The buyer might appreciate the links.

Now, did EBT actually ever have 13 steel boxcar? I’ll have to look it up.

Pete Thornton said:

Bruce, Bob,

I know there is a thread or two on construction of these boxcar. Maybe on JBRR.com as well? The buyer might appreciate the links.

Now, did EBT actually ever have 13 steel boxcar? I’ll have to look it up.

I do have a log on my site: http://jbrr.com/rolling-stock/buildlogs/ebt.html.

I did make 6, but 5 of them were lettered for the J&B RR.

ONE did get lettered for EBT

They are REALLY nice models and I enjoyed assembling them.

These have been spoken for.

Whom ever the lucky person was that picked these up, (Mark?) I have the assembly instruction thread in PDF form. Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send it to you. This includes all the info on the Plastruct shapes you’ll need to order to finish them.

Sadly the ones I bought are still unassembled. I did by all the parts I need to complete them, I just need to find the time.

Yep, Mark got em. I still have a half dozen of them half-built, too. This is the article on building them.

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/60/Building-an-EBT-Boxcar-in-1:20

It has over 10,000 views!

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Whom ever the lucky person was that picked these up, (Mark?) I have the assembly instruction thread in PDF form. Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send it to you. This includes all the info on the Plastruct shapes you’ll need to order to finish them.

Sadly the ones I bought are still unassembled. I did by all the parts I need to complete them, I just need to find the time.

I still have a couple un-built as well. Would love to have your PDF, just in case the build article disappears before I get to them!

Just a small FYI. Those boxcars had the regular 48" wheelbase Vulcan trucks. I bought some spares from Rich Yoder, with ball-bearings, although I have no idea if he still has any.

However, the trucks are drawn and described in the 1924 Cyclopedia, and I found they are almost the same as Andrews steel trucks. I got some from Phil Dippel, and again I don’t know if they are available. These are ‘strap style’ and to make them into vulcans you just saw/file off the strap!

In practice you can’t see the trucks under the boxcar, so any stee truck will do.

Great observation Pete. Those are in fairly close proximity if you cut off the straps. Vulcans are a bit more “beefy” around the journal boxes since they don’t have a bottom strap, but as Pete points out, one would be hard pressed to notice this with the truck under the car. I can confirm that Rich Yoder has nothing left of his 1:20.3 stock. It’s a shame they were museum quality trucks at a reasonable price.

I’ll get the PDF of the Box car build out to those of you that want it Monday since my PDF is at work.

Jon, can you send me your email, I don’t believe I have it.