Large Scale Central

Lockdown projects

Thought I’d start a thread on what I’ve been working on during the lockdown.

I ordered some more .001 and .003 shim stock. The mine at Majestic needs a covered slope conveyor up to the back of the mine, and I was out of corrugated steel. Now I have some, so I cut a chunk of square PVC downspout and started crimping.

Next up, I’ve fixed all the broken trucks on the Bachman boxcars that failed over the last year. I still have two pair left for when the others decide to go. I’ve also finally converted all my cars to Kadee couplers. I’ll have a bunch of used Bachman and AMS couplers for sale in a bit.

I finished the trestle under the new mine building. I had to re-line it a bit, but its in place, ready for final scenery.

I rebuilt the main yard at Burke. Those that operated here know that a couple of the tracks were a tight squeeze, and a couple where short by half a car length. So I moved things around, got rid of the industry sidings there, and rerouted the approach to the turntable.

You should of mentioned looking for a new forum host/what you call it to keep this great forum running…

Why not just each member start a new thread of their own “lockdown projects”

I have been busy with 7/8 structures. I’ll get some pics ready and start my thread later today.

Looks very impressive Bob. Hopefully we get to see it next year!

John Bouck said:

I have been busy with 7/8 structures. I’ll get some pics ready and start my thread later today.

That’s a great idea.

Bruce Chandler said:

Looks very impressive Bob. Hopefully we get to see it next year!

No kidding.

The Mine and Yard rework looks great… :slight_smile:

Looking very good Bob.

Re the lockdown threads - A few of us did that back in March. Once it got warmer I moved to outdoor work, mostly not RR related. My thread is here:

Beating the Boredom - Brunt Coal on the C.V.S.Ry.

Bob McCown said:

John Bouck said:

That’s a great idea.

Just look for threads that start "Beating the Boredom . . ". We’ve done a lot! For example:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/30624/beating-the-boredom-ozark-backwoods-diesel-boxcab

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/30487/beating-the-covid-boredom-island-mixed-plate

I have posted pics of my two lock down LGB Moguls, #268 and #278 so I won’t re-post them here again. I spent two months on the re-dues and now I’m going to tackle the last Mogul I have and it will turn out something like this D@RGW #271. I realize these are Moguls and the D@RGW engines are Consolidations, but I’m working with what I have, plus these engines are re-lettered for my own railroad, the Ft. Worth & South-Western. I have collect all the brass and plastic detail parts I need to do the engine, even the toolbox on the roof will be on the re-build. All my models are re-done in the D@RGW NG style, that are customized and re-painted to my railroad.

trainman

I forgot about the Boredom threads. Gettin old isn’t fun!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)