Large Scale Central

MOW shed

Next up is a retired boxcar turned into a MOW shed. I took one of my partially completed EBT boxcar kits, and am adding a stone foundation (which needs final paint and weathering). I’ll heavily weather the boxcar, and have some steps or a ramp or something, plus a bunch of clutter.

Steps, maybe a lean to shed with some oil drums, a “Keep Out” sign and the obligatory stray (shop) cat.

Throw a couple of the plastic wheels we all have around after rusting them up a bit …

Alternately, I could have this sit along the track, and have a pair or rails going to it, as a speeder shed. That might be fun.

It needs an “Alley Rabbit” sitting on the roof.

Bob, here’s my rendition of MOW yard with the good ole’ Bachmann guy at work.

Made mine using left over caboose body that I had stolen the cupola off of for my drover caboose, sat it on a LGB bridge pier and made it a dual purpose office cause there were 2 doors 1 at each end and a paper clip for a radio antenna

mow/yard office

All of these good ideas, of course, are causing me to kick myself for passing at a chance to dicker on damaged and / or incomplete freight cars I saw at a second hand shop last year… Live and learn!