Large Scale Central

Changing password

I’ve been advised to change my site access password. I’ve been here so long now I can’t recall how i set it up in the fust place.

Anybody help me out here, please?

TIA

Very top of this page>Settings> change passwords.

Are we a dangerous site?

Hi John;

Of course we are dangerous! You should know by now that model trains are habit-forming. Plus, most model railroaders are crazy; they get possessed by their loco-motives!

Keep having fun, David Meashey

Don’t change your password. That way if you post something you later regret, you can always claim someone hacked your password.

Who/what told you to change your password here? If you got an email that looks like its either from me, or the site, please forward it to me, because ‘that aint right’

Bob, it was not an email, it was a header on the log-in page of this site. It has gone now that I’ve changed my password. It could not be copied, something I tried to do so that Ii could post it here for you to see. It advised me that my password had likely to have been hacked/and compromised via an application or an attempt to log on that had failed.

I’ll be changing it again in a minute to something else.

perhaps he uses the same password in multiple places, and has to change it for that reason, compromised somewhere else.

Not to say this is Tac’s situation, but being the computer-savvy guy in my family, I am constantly surprised at how few and how simple and how long my family has used the same password, as well as using the same password for a newspaper site and for their bank login.

The days of using the same password are long gone, and once again, thanks to Bob that we have https: protecting our passwords during login here.

Greg