Large Scale Central

Solar powered track defect detector car

Hey Y’all, how about this solar powered track defect detector car built on an ore car.

“CN installed this equipment and it’s designed to detect uneven track (soft spots) that might cause loaded ore cars to derail. There is this old ore car that works out of Proctor and a new car with the same equipment installed that works out of Two Harbors.”

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/686430/

Heck, they won’t let you look at their pictures without disabling your adblocker… (or so they think ha ha)

Greg

What’s the bypass?

Here is the car.

I mentioned in another thread… as soon as the picture starts to come up, right click and choose “view image”

You can do this as soon as part of the picture shows… that gets you ahead of the “ad blocker detector” program that runs after the picture is displayed fully.

As an aside, I no longer see your pictures in your signature Joe, that is because apparently now ALL pictures from the freight sheds carry a piece of “spyware” with them…

If I turn ghostery off… I see your 2 pictures, turn it on and they are blocked… I’ll see if I can narrow it down to one piece of spyware…

Greg

Greg

I use Ghostery too and I see my pictures OK. I did have a video link on the Sparky train, so I removed the link. See if that helps on your end.

Nope still gone, but I have everything turned on in ghostery, which is not the default installation… so if you are not using advanced blocking it might explain things.

On the web, I turn all the blocking to the max.

Greg